Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Giving ex a Christmas present

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:35 PM
  • 42 Replies
Me and my children father have been separated for almost 5 yrs now. But we remain civilized, he see the kids we he can. When our son was in hospital, he stayed by his side. And was really distraught when he passed. We have 3 remaining children Our relationship was filled with violence. But that's another story, and that's why he is my ex. I have moved on, forgave him but will never forget, neither will my family. I told my neice today that I was gonna give him a gift, from the kids(13, 6, 4) because he said he buying them gifts. I know I don't have too. But I want too, nothing big. My neice said she wouldn't give him nothing! Have you ever given a ex a present(children father).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
somemore83
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes I give my ex a gift, but make it from our dd and I let her pick it out so it truely is from her.  This year she is making something for him with her grandma.

mynewlife2012
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:37 PM
I have been seperation from my husband for 4 months we have a 4 yr old dd and I was wondering the same thing if I should give home something from her
a06z08mama
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I am making up collages of the pictures my aunt took of the kids. I made an 8x10 for ex and one for his mom. And two 5x7 for his brother and his sister. they are great pictures and no matter what we have kids together so I will send them to his family from the kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EachNewBreath
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I sent my husband e-cards. Now that we are divorced I wouldnt UNLESS my son initiated it 

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:49 PM
I think its ok

Quoting mynewlife2012:

I have been seperation from my husband for 4 months we have a 4 yr old dd and I was wondering the same thing if I should give home something from her

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mynewlife2012
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:20 PM
I have no idea what to give him.... I also don't really want to bc he doesn't give any child support at all in the 4 months I am really torn. I may just have her make him something

Quoting hopealways4019:

I think its ok

Quoting mynewlife2012:

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:51 PM
3 moms liked this
I wouldn't buy my ex anything but I'd have my son make him something. Don't put that obligation on yourself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Whatever you give him, its the thought that count. Its ashamed he ain't paying child support. I won't get in your business, and ask why he ain't paying? Because if you need help , he should be giving you something.

Quoting mynewlife2012:

I have no idea what to give him.... I also don't really want to bc he doesn't give any child support at all in the 4 months I am really torn. I may just have her make him something

Quoting hopealways4019:

I think its ok

Quoting mynewlife2012:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:20 PM
Ex and I exchanged gifts while dd was growing up but we quit several years ago when we stopped getting along.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strngenough
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:28 PM
I'm going to give my ex presents from our son. I don't see why you wouldn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN