Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

OK Ladies..New advice on my relationship

Posted by   + Show Post

So here is the short (hopefully) of the deal lol.  We hvae been dating since August, our children have met.  He is a wonderful, caring man.  We do not live in the same town, about 40 miles away from each other.  We spend the weekends together and sometimes during the week.  Here is my dilema.  After being a bit quiet for a couple of days, I aked him what was going on.  His response was that of concern because the feelings we have are great, and enjoyable, BUT... he seems to think that I am "stuck" where I am at right now.  I have an in home daycare, work 2 other part time jobs, coach baseball (4 teams), help with  a parents group, etc.. I am pretty involved. Now my children are getting older 14 and going to be 10. In my divorce papers it states that as long as the school year is going on we are not allowed to change school districts.  We are only here right now because this is where they go to school, but were already planning on moving after this school year is done.  Now I explained to him that this is where I live right now, not forever. I told him it is not like we are getting married in the next few months,so we do not need to worry about it right now.  Yep..  I said that... Sounds a bit harsh right? That is what I was sthinking after getting off of the phone.  We have always been 100 %open and honest with eachother and now I feel bad.  I am wondering if anyone else has been in a situation like this where you did end up moving away and how your kids handled everything

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:19 PM
Replies (11-11):
themomthenurse
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Notice how he worded that,"you are stuck".  Glaring red flag. Whatever problem he is having he turned it around and made it yours.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN