Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I just don't know what to do!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
So the kids went with their dad this past weekend (court ordered visitation). Saturday night I get a text fuck you, fuck all of this you need to come get erika now! So I call and he says he can't believe the kids are fighting and it's dd's fault! Hey dummy they are siblings they are going to fight, DUH! Then on Sunday he was a hour late dropping them off. The kids were dirty, faces and clothes. Dd looked like her hair hadn't been brushed all weekend! Then ds's shirt smelled like pot!! I had my mom and grandma confirm it. My dad told me to call the cops. I called the cops and explained what happened, they said all I can do is call ex's PO and have him drug tested. I did, but haven't heard if he passed or failed. I do keep a journal of every visit, write down their health before and after. I also note any changes. I'm so worried for the kids!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

just document it. allegations of smelling pot wont really help you in court though. but if he violates his probation, that might.

keep those texts.

Mommywithtwo23
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I have been going though a divorce for 4 years now. to the state for an appeal. 50 thousand dollars. what you need to do is get a calendar and keep track of everything. and I mean everything when he picks up the children when he returns them when they smell when they are dirty. my ex would return all of my childrens dirty diapers. they where so gross. but keep track of everything. I would keep track of the clothes I would send over to his house and what ones didn't come back or that where cut in to peices. now I don't have to send anything over to his house but the outfit they are in. he has to buy clothes for them now.

Do you have a laywer? becuase that is who i would be calling it is his job to take care of you. But Karama got him in the end. Life will get better.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Keep documenting it all.  Good luck mama!!

EachNewBreath
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I would save the text messages too! OH LORD that sounds soo scary! It sounds like you are doing everything that you can to keep those precious babies safe! I hope that he failed and that the court will see to their best interests!

soaringflutes
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:57 PM

I haven't been in this situation, and it sure sounds scary.  It does look like you are doing the right thing, though.  Good luck!

MrsBoats08
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:46 PM
No can't afford a lawyer

Quoting Mommywithtwo23:

I have been going though a divorce for 4 years now. to the state for an appeal. 50 thousand dollars. what you need to do is get a calendar and keep track of everything. and I mean everything when he picks up the children when he returns them when they smell when they are dirty. my ex would return all of my childrens dirty diapers. they where so gross. but keep track of everything. I would keep track of the clothes I would send over to his house and what ones didn't come back or that where cut in to peices. now I don't have to send anything over to his house but the outfit they are in. he has to buy clothes for them now.

Do you have a laywer? becuase that is who i would be calling it is his job to take care of you. But Karama got him in the end. Life will get better.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mammakatey
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:48 PM

What the heck!!!! Sounds like a mess! I would BE SOOO MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and he is on Probation!? hah so is my ex! real winners let me tell ya! :)

Mommywithtwo23
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:51 PM

there has to be help in your state, see about getting a pro-bono laywer. they will be able to answer your questions and help you out. that would be my next step. but there has to be help. I know most states have it, you just have to look.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)