Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

STBX has WAY more money (piog)

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:48 AM
  • 19 Replies
I need to vent and I'm sure there are women here who completely understand this. My STBX makes really good money. I on the other hand do not. Yes, he pays his fair share in CS. But... He kicked our son and I out of the house in August and has not been making the mortgage pmt since then. So not only does he bring home way more money, he had way more money to spend. So here I am living paycheck to paycheck. Barely able to afford Christmas and I can do that only because I've done without anything that wasn't a complete necessity. I pay my rent, bills (as best I can) and make sure my son does not go without. All the while my STBX is spending money like crazy. Complete new wardrobe, all new stuff for the house, new $9000 quad, new truck.. New everything! And other than CS what has he done for our son? Bought him one shirt and a pocket knife. That's it! In four months, he's spent about $50 on our son! I am jealous of his money. I'm jealous and mad that I used to be able to spend like that and now I can't. But more than anything I'm mad because I can't provide the lifestyle that my son was accustomed to and his dad can, but chooses not to. On one hand it's just further proof that he's a jerk, but on the other, I just want my old life back.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sj218
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:59 AM
Bump
Sj218
Bump
Sj218
Bump
sid1083
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:02 AM
Were you guys married and are you on the house too? That's going to mess with you big time if you are on the deed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sj218
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:06 AM
Oh yeah. Married for ten years and although I signed off on the deed I am still on the mortgage. The house has been on the market for three months and the lady short sale offer he had, fell through. Yes. My credit score is as low as my bank account. And all the while he's out living it up. Gotta love how life is super fair sometimes.

Quoting sid1083:

Were you guys married and are you on the house too? That's going to mess with you big time if you are on the deed.

mz23
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:15 AM

dang that sucks. won't you get money when you get a divorce? I know in California if your married I think  at least ten years you get half lol.

sid1083
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:17 AM
I'd throw it all back on him in the final decree then. Make him do his half...shoot at this point the worst that can happen is a judge would say no. Sucky situation though, sorry.

Quoting Sj218:

Oh yeah. Married for ten years and although I signed off on the deed I am still on the mortgage. The house has been on the market for three months and the lady short sale offer he had, fell through. Yes. My credit score is as low as my bank account. And all the while he's out living it up. Gotta love how life is super fair sometimes.

Quoting sid1083:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sj218
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:20 AM
My settlement will cover paying off our joint debt (that is all in my name because I was the one who managed the family finances). Plus he is "letting" me keep my small 401k. There will not be any real money even once the divorce is final.

Quoting mz23:

dang that sucks. won't you get money when you get a divorce? I know in California if your married I think  at least ten years you get half lol.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:12 AM

I would haul his rearend in court and up the cs payments.  Since he has all this cash at hand get more cs.  Your kids shouldn't be living on eager means.  The house - let it go to a sell.  Once it does sell you are eligible for half of it's equity.  The most important thing now is to get Mr. Money Bags to pay you enough cs.  He seems to like to squander his earnings.  Get garnishments in place.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Hugs!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)