Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

anyone ever get served custody papers right b4 holidays and not be able to leave state?

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:43 AM
  • 25 Replies

what did u do ?? can a judge grant u  leave if its only for 2 days or r they super strict ?

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
victoriahearts
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Best advice is call the family court clerk and ask them what can be done in your situation, generally if you have to get a hearing it will takes weeks to do so, but find out by calling first. I would not leave the state especially if you have an ex that would take any chance to f*** up over. GL.  

Nolanzo
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Are you the same poster who was inquiring about your granddaughter?

If this is who you are asking about, I thought we came to the conclusion that the father has not yet eztablished paternity and until he does, has no legal right to make any such demands.

Or has something changed since you posted about visitation or are you asking about a totally different child? Lol I'm confused.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
3grls1wildboy
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:55 AM

yes well i geuss our state allows him to file for custody wo a paternity i talked to lawyer and yes he has every right to file she got served yesterday and this is official hes filing for full custody ..its going to be a long fight... ...but we were going to get 5 generation pics taken at xmas ...she tried to talk to him about keeping out of courts he said no way hes fighting till the end 

PumpkinSpice8
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:33 PM
I am so sorry he did that to you guys! I am all for parents filing for custody/visitation if things can't be worked out and civil and they want to be more involved in the child's life. However, what type of person serves someone right before Christmas! My DD's BD did tHe same thing years ago on Christmas and then before that he did it right before her birthday. To make it worse he called me on those days to "see how I was feeling." I don't understand how people can be so cruel. It rubs me the wrong way when people try to intentionally hurt others even if they don't care for them.

Anyway, I am ranting, back to you. You can submit something to the courts and ask that they grant you a two day leave (or whatever). Better do it quick otherwise a judge won't see it before the holidays. If BD knew you guys were leaving, tell the judge in your written statement. It's not going to show Ex in a nice light if he is intentially mean.

PS- I can't believe how many times I had to rewrite this on my phone because autocorrect has another idea of what I should be saying.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:58 PM

I'm not sure but here's a bump for you!

steviechick
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:07 PM

I guess the courts will have to decide on a temporay basis if your daughter is able to take the child out of state.  Kinda scary not being able to visit another state for a few days or hours and have to get premission to do so by the courts.  Sorry your DD's ex is being a butthead.  Perhaps they can agree on split custody.  Good luck in court!

victoriahearts
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Wow that really does suck, but if he did take you to court, and he is being an ass**** about it's always best to stay on the side of caution, since you have a lawyer talk to her and ask if there is a way to go out of town for plans you already had on the books before you were serviced.

DueAug2013
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I got served papers around christmas 2 years ago and i still left state for 4 days.... nothing happen.... he had no rights to my daughter TIL we went to court. but i did write a letter to the courts saying we have prior arrangements that we were going out of state and leaving X day and coming back X day.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Quoting PumpkinSpice8:

I am so sorry he did that to you guys! I am all for parents filing for custody/visitation if things can't be worked out and civil and they want to be more involved in the child's life. However, what type of person serves someone right before Christmas! My DD's BD did tHe same thing years ago on Christmas and then before that he did it right before her birthday. To make it worse he called me on those days to "see how I was feeling." I don't understand how people can be so cruel. It rubs me the wrong way when people try to intentionally hurt others even if they don't care for them.

A moron who has no head!  lol

stephy87
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:12 PM
If you haven't gone to court yet then nothing is in place. If nothing is signed by the judge then you're fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)