Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

hubby cheated on me so I left....

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:34 PM
  • 12 Replies
I have a 1year old baby gal and have been married to my hubby for 2years now...the problem is that my hubby cheated on me,,and it hurt my feelings so bad that I moved out of the house...I don't know if I made the right choice or I was just angry??I call him if I what anything for my baby and he brings it.we haven't descused about the issue ever since I left him...Advice please
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
easinpc
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Hugs!

Nomatter
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:42 PM
I appreciate it..

Quoting easinpc:

Hugs!

HaveFaith1215
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:43 PM
4 moms liked this

It seems like you did the right thing. You left. Being as no one knows him but you, it's up to you and your heart to answer the question of : do you let him back?

I would say, let him work for it. He needs to prove all over again that he is worth your love. Most of all, he needs to respect you and the family he started with you. If there is no respect, then there are no grounds for reconciliation. 

Best of luck to you! 

victoriahearts
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

You took space which is good sometimes in these situation, but now you really have to look at yourself, at him and your marriage and ask yourself if it's worth giving it a chance or do you know deep in your heart it will never work? Sometimes marriage counseling will work in case where the cheating spouse is truly sorry and is willing to do whatever the salvage the relationship but then there are case where the spouse that was cheated on can never forgive. You need to find out which category you fall into. GL. 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:12 PM
3 moms liked this

i think a marriage can survive AN infidelity depending on circumstances, but both parties must be willing to work on it. there must be transparency on the cheater's part to gain the partners trust back. cheater also must be patient. but other partner must eventually forgive and move past. 

i dont think a marriage can be saved from a habitual cheater though.

have you talked to him about it?

strngenough
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:14 PM
3 moms liked this
Hell yeah you did the right thing. 10yrs? It happens. 2 years? Fuck you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

My ex cheated on me after 23 years of marriage. By the time we were married for 26 years he finally came out and told me he was having a three year affair.  He also told me that in sneaking around behind my back for three years he actually fathered one kid with the little tramp.  I didn't know abouit baby number two until five days later.  And, my DD told me.  My ex didn't have the courage to tell me he knocked up his bimbo once again.  How stupid is that for someone who's financially irresponsible and 16 yrs older than his tramp? 

I agree with HaveFaith.  My ex never respected me nor the family we created together.  He shamed me and our DD, too.   Since he's already cheated on you, do you really trust him enough to take him back?  Why did he cheat?  Why couldn't he just work things out with you instead of run off and find someone else and trash you in the process?  You are hurt and angry and have every right to leave your husband.  I wish you all the best of luck working this out.  Trust will be the biggest hurdle you will face IF you are able to get back together again. 

Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:50 PM
3 moms liked this
I agree with a lot of what the other ladies said. But the big thing id concider is this 2 yrs of marriage child is 1 yr old....most couples are in the honeymoon stage up to 6 yrs. Having a child a man usually feels awe and emotion at that young age. To cheat so soon is questionable. Cheating anytime is wrong but early on worse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nomatter
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Thanks hey!!!

Quoting HaveFaith1215:

It seems like you did the right thing. You left. Being as no one knows him but you, it's up to you and your heart to answer the question of : do you let him back?

I would say, let him work for it. He needs to prove all over again that he is worth your love. Most of all, he needs to respect you and the family he started with you. If there is no respect, then there are no grounds for reconciliation. 

Best of luck to you! 

Nomatter
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:59 PM
We haven't talked anything concerning that issue,I guess he doesn't know where to start,I assume!!!!

Quoting faerie75:

i think a marriage can survive AN infidelity depending on circumstances, but both parties must be willing to work on it. there must be transparency on the cheater's part to gain the partners trust back. cheater also must be patient. but other partner must eventually forgive and move past. 

i dont think a marriage can be saved from a habitual cheater though.

have you talked to him about it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)