Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How do you date?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:26 PM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi All.

Long story short. My husband of 23 years left me & our child. We have been divorce for 6 months. My question is....HOW? Oh my gosh the world have changed in the past 23 years. Im not sure if Im ready but Im getting there. How do you date when your a single mom? Where do you meet gentlemen? I cant do what I did when I was 19, I mean a 44 year old cruising the streets with her gal pals might get the police called on them! Any advice, ideas or something to laugh about would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much ahead of time for your time :)

Update....So I went online for "online dating" WOW...very interesting people out there! So tired of....Male 48 yrs old wants 25 yr old! OMG! I have been to old (44) for most men all the way up to 50 yr old men. Oh & they want models...yes there is a check for models. Gosh now I know why these men are single! HA! I'm not giving up though. I did go to coffee with a "hubba-hubba" but he didn't call me back. Oh well. I was so nervous I jabbered & about peed my pants. This was my first date since I was 19 years old. I did explain this to him. Oh well.....its a major bummer because we clicked quickly & have so much to talk about. We have been texting every night for 2 weeks..JERK! LOL..... Thank you Sisters! xxoo

by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissacst
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

The first guy I dated when I first got single after 16 yrs was the neighbor. My ex was gone by that time. The hottie I'm seeing now and have been with now for 9 months I met at work.

Robsessed98
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:49 PM
2 moms liked this
You could try online dating or have a friend set you up. Dating really hasnt changed that much, youll get back in the swing of things after a couple of dates.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:54 PM
4 moms liked this
I just don't. No advice here but to just socialize and have fun and be open to meet new people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Of course it's changed. Technology upped the ante and people tend to think they should get laid a lot quicker.

That's why I have a hard time finding good quality guys.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
u will never meet gentlemen..that is old school?? u have to watch out of sum bags ..90 % are only after sex or money..watch it ..
klespeedy0205
by Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I have been on very few dates. On a good note I have a kinda date tomorrow.
Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 10:49 PM
3 moms liked this
Dating has changed immensely...you are not a googly eyed, naive teenager completely open to the possibilities. You are a grown woman who has been dedicated to someone all of your adult life- who probably hurt you- you are probably more discriminating now then when you were a teenager too-and now you must be completely cautious because you have not only yourself, but kids to factor into the equation. Not to mention soo many guys our age want to date younger women. It's hard, and it sucks. Oh and for the going cruising for guys w my girlfriends...they are all married and cant go and I am too broke and exhausted to go out anyway :(. None of my married friends get any of this- they think I should be out having the time of my life.
Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Dating has changed immensely...you are not a googly eyed, naive teenager completely open to the possibilities. You are a grown woman who has been dedicated to someone all of your adult life- who probably hurt you- you are probably more discriminating now then when you were a teenager too-and now you must be completely cautious because you have not only yourself, but kids to factor into the equation. Not to mention soo many guys our age want to date younger women. It's hard, and it sucks. Oh and for the going cruising for guys w my girlfriends...they are all married and cant go and I am too broke and exhausted to go out anyway :(. None of my married friends get any of this- they think I should be out having the time of my life.
TinaCrystal
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:31 PM
A dating site, the grocery store, church, the gym or park..... Just be social and don't be afraid to flirt if you're interested
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 15, 2012 at 12:05 AM
2 moms liked this
Welcome no clue last guy I saw was my plumber
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN