Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

todays shooting

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 3:43 AM
  • 11 Replies

Is anyone else having a hard time dealing / processing todays shooting?

I have to really avoid it other wise I start crying. I want to know about ways of dealing with things. (other than avoidence)

thank you for your help

by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 3:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cenedra64
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 4:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I havent watched the news but an older friend was telling me about it last night. Insane world we live in
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EachNewBreath
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 4:07 AM

.... Last night? But it happened this morning? Or am I totally confused

Quoting Cenedra64:

I havent watched the news but an older friend was telling me about it last night. Insane world we live in

Cenedra64
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 4:22 AM
I just looked up online about the one in conn at the elementary school. Sad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deltathree
by Gold Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

yes - just speechless - so heartbreaking! :(

erinmomofone
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this
It's heartbreaking Never know when the last time you will say I love you to family and friends that's why I make sure to say it all day everyday even if I am upset. I couldn't imagine lossing my sisters (7&10) or my daughter (4) in a school shooting. it's a terrible event. My thoughts and prayers are with all the families during the tough time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyCuties612
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I spent much of my day yesterday crying and feeling physically ill. I do not know any of the victims and live many states away yet I am.in mourning. I have an almost 7 year old in elementary school. This hit so close to home.. I hugged my son so much yesterday he was ready to bop me on the head! my heart aches. Its traumatizing to know that 20 moms and dads yesterday lived out my very, very WORST fear. :'(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arkmomma06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I wanted to turn the TV off yesterday, but I couldn't help but watching. We had a school shooting here in 1998, so it brought all those feelings back. I graduated from that school district a few years before that.

I feel so sad for those parents and siblings in Newtown.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 7:15 PM

What's to avoid?  Go on with your life as you always have.  It soon passes over til the next one and the next one and the next one, so on and so on.  When I grew up, I remember walking home from school and some mental ill patient was pointing a gun at all the school children on the home - we ran as fast as our feet could.  He happened to be a a relative of some little boy I went to school with, but never knew anything more, I think he was sent back to the institiute.  I not sure.  Some years ago recently, a highschool shooting occurred right down the street from where I live, he's supposedly grown and out of sight now, but the kids he killed are no longer here with us, but they will always willl be remembered by their families.  My b/f I grew up with was killed in auto accident on the way home in the wee morning when hit a divider in the middleof the road.  I still remember her and wanted some last words with her, but never got that chance.  Her family will always remember her.  Life goes on, til someone next dies whether it be shooting, wars, intruders, natural disasters, etc.  Don't stop living the good life because of the unknown fears in the world.    

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 15, 2012 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm really shaken I was a wreck yesterday I kept messing up at work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 9:11 PM
It happened Fri morning.

Quoting EachNewBreath:

.... Last night? But it happened this morning? Or am I totally confused

Quoting Cenedra64:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN