Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teething advice

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:36 AM
  • 6 Replies
My son just started teething and is getting cranky around night time I could tell he's in pain and feel bad for the lil guy...... I gave him teething toys and orajel to numb his gums but nothing seems to work do u mothers have any advice on how to ease the pain??? Do u remember how long it took before the pain went away from the first tooth ??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mga2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:57 AM
2 moms liked this
Whole foods has natural teething tablets that worked really well. Other than that- cold teething toys. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
andyroosmama
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Ice water and frozen pacifiers... I will be honest and tell you that when my Robbie started cutting his teeth at 3mos, and would NOT STOP CRYING, I put a shot of coconut rum in his bottle... FOR MY SANITY... rubbing brandy on their gums helps numb better than orajel too

mytrueloveS
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:50 PM

It was rare when my son would get fussy when he was teething, it was like if it never happened.  When he would I would freeze wash cloths for him to bite into. 

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:07 PM
rub some rum on the gums. works great
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lnrmom
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Baby carrots.

lnrmom
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:57 AM

.. and big chuncks of apple with the skin. That's what my girls cut their teeth on, and what I've always given my nieces and nephew to cut their teeth.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)