• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

second child soon, ne suggestions/advice?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:24 AM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

im about to have my second child! a baby boy!! i have a daughter who is 20 months old. ne suggestions on how to make her feel ok with her new baby brother? i know one gd thing is to let her help me with throwing diapers away.. from what i seen with my sister n her two kids... nething else? my daughter is (of course) use to have all my attention so i dont want her to feel left out!!

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MIMIBRIE
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Just be prepared for jealousy or acting out. She may want all your attention and start to resent her little brother. Some kids go back in progress (potty trained to wearing diapers, no bottles to bottles things like that) just don't force anything. If she shows no interest then that's ok. You may also get lucky and the transition go smoothly. You have a good idea about allowing her to "help" with baby. Good luck an congratulations
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Congrats and best of luck because I'm actually expecting twins after my son being the only child for 5 years. 

LauraMH
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

My son was close to that age when I had my second and I bought him a baby doll. When I would feed my dd, he would "feed" his baby. Same thing with rocking and diaper changing too. It helped a lot and he felt included in all the day to day necessities of life. Anther thing we would do was read while I was nursing. The baby is occupied and you get to spend time with the older one. Plus it's always good to get kids involved in reading as early as possible. Good luck with the new baby!!

momof2_1013
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I have a 2 year old and pregnant again. Thats what im worried bout too.. but the best of luck to you

magicalmomma
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 6:41 AM
My daughter is use to other children being around n she loves baby dollss. but she's always been the baby!! I think she will get use to it. thanks for the advice ladies n good luck to u others that r expecting as well!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:18 AM
The best way is to let him help out taking care of the baby and praise him, tell him you couldnt take care of the baby without him helping. Set aside some time each day or so for just you and him. Give him your full attention. If you can, get someone to watch the baby and take him out on a short date at least every week and go somewhere he loves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)