Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Missing my little guy

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:12 AM
  • 3 Replies

Jiovonni's father has taken him for the rest of this week and I am so bored. Usually I run around with him and play and have a great time. But without him I have nothing to do. Any other mommy's ever get bored when you're without your child/children? And if so, do you have any ideas on what to do with all my free time? (I've already cleaned and gotten stuff done around the house.)

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
pattya925
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I usually try to use the time to reconnect with people... Lunch with friends I haven't seen, etc.  Curling up with a book. Going to the gym.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:48 AM

I always get that way when my sons at his dads (especially on his weekends).  Normally I have school work to keep me busy but right now we're on winter break so on this past Sunday I found myself deep cleaning my kitchen for about 4 hours lol.  It involved cleaning under the stove burners, the oven, taking eveyrthing out of my frig and cleaning it, cleaning out all the cupboards and reorganizing them, and scrubbing the floor.  I get so bored when he's gone!!

victoriahearts
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:48 AM

When my son is away usually around the holiday's with his dad, I take the time to go out with friends, work late a few days at the office, pick up an extra class or two at my yoga studio, read books that have been gifted to me by clients I represent, take care of all those to do list I put together during the month, pick up and drop of dry cleaning, supermarket shopping, gifts for family and friends birthday that will be coming up in the next few weeks. Research online activies around my city and that I can do with my son when he gets back into town, catch a movie or even a broadway show. I keep so super busy so that time goes back quickly and by the time I'm done my son is back. It's different this year, my ex and I will share the holidays so I wont need to miss him or find things to keep me busy. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)