Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to heal?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:46 PM
  • 5 Replies
I am almost 8 months pregnant and recently my ex moved out of state and because I am so far along and us not being together I didn't go with him. Before he left since it was so unexpected had made all these promises to me about how we would still be friends and he would still put me first and we will still be close etc etc....well since he has been gone we rarely talk and he rarely answers my calls......he said he doesn't see us ever getting back together which at first was hard to hear but I have come to be ok with it.....but he isn't even being a friend......he is young so that probably has a lot to do with it but man I feel so alone.....I recently had to go on leave from work due to limitations and work not wantinga liability so I am having a hard time not being depressed......he was helping me before he left but now he isn't working and I'm freaking out.....if it wasn't for family and friends giving me stuff I would be screwed.....I'm just so hurt and let down :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Robsessed98
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:31 PM
((hugs)) Hopefully he will come around when the baby is born. But if he doesnt, file for custody and support. You can raise the child on your own. Take all the help anyone offers you. Theres nothing wrong with reaching out or accepting help when it comes to taking care of your child. Keep your chin up and dont give in to the stress or depression. You will be able to handle things as they come.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alybaby25
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:36 PM
He says he will be there when she is born but if he doesn't answer my calls and he is two states away and labor isn't always a predictable thing how is that supposed to happen? I'm trying to stay strong and thank u very much for ur encouraging words they mean a lot!!
eb13
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:40 PM
You aren't alone...many many women have gone through these difficult letdowns. Perhaps he will mature and step up to his responsibility. If not, just remember, this is a tough time, but it will pass. You have a lot of responsibility to take on, but also all the joys of being a mom and loving your child. Think of your life as a journey and you hit a tough spot, but there is still an adventure ahead. You will be ok...and you will move forward. It sounds like the support of family and friends is something you do have to appreciate...focus on that.
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Welcome to the group!  I'm very sorry for your recent breakup.

Quoting Alybaby25:

I am almost 8 months pregnant and recently my ex moved out of state and because I am so far along and us not being together I didn't go with him. Before he left since it was so unexpected had made all these promises to me about how we would still be friends and he would still put me first and we will still be close etc etc....well since he has been gone we rarely talk and he rarely answers my calls......he said he doesn't see us ever getting back together which at first was hard to hear but I have come to be ok with it.....but he isn't even being a friend......he is young so that probably has a lot to do with it but man I feel so alone.....I recently had to go on leave from work due to limitations and work not wantinga liability so I am having a hard time not being depressed......he was helping me before he left but now he isn't working and I'm freaking out.....if it wasn't for family and friends giving me stuff I would be screwed.....I'm just so hurt and let down :(

LifeCafe42
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 6:04 PM

hugs mama!  Welcome to the group!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)