So my dd is a little over two months old. Her father has not been around since I told him I was pregnant except to tell me if I ever went after him for child support, he would move states and work under the table the rest of his life. He has a son that he hides from and works under the table just enough to buy weed and video games.
When she was born, I didnt put him on the birth certificate because I didnt want to deal with the stress of court, blood test paperwork, etc. CPS tried bullying me into giving them his information (they came to do an inspection because when I was younger, I did drugs that messed up my heart, so I told the hospital when I first came in that I had heart issues due to past activities).
Im realizing that I dont have the money to raise her all on my own. I already live with my mom and she helps us out A LOT. I recieve WIC but they do not provide enough formula to last us for the month. Ive had to sell whatever I could to buy a couple extra cans to hold us over. I can apply for cash assistance, but they told me I have to go through child services, which they will try to find her father to open a child support case.
The main reason I dont want to open a child support case is because I dont want him to be able to have access to her. If hes on the birth cert and I cant prove hes an unfit father (which in the state of arizona means either a Felon or is violent) he gets visitation and can even file for custody. The chances of that are slim...like .001% but I dont want that chance. I know he wont care for her and she would be in danger. Ive talked to the other mom and he has done everything to her, what hes done to me.
I start school next month, but wont recieve my financial aide for another 3 months, which I can use to help pay for her formula and diapers, etc.
Im feeling extremely stressed, and I dont know what to do. I cant work because I do NOT trust daycares around here with a 2 month old baby and no place will hire me for JUST weekends, and wont work around a school schedule. Most places here will only hire you if you have full availability.
Any advice? Any is appreciated, thank you.