Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dating with a daughter???

Posted by   + Show Post

Hey, I'm new to the group and I just in a bind. My daughter's father and I split when she was 2 months old. I want to start dating again, but I don't know if I can do it. It's not that I want to get back together with him, because that will never be an option even if he asked. It's just that I work in the criminal justice system and I see alot of crimes committed by the mother's boyfriend and I just can't imagine taking that risk with my daughter's safety. My friends and family are starting to pressure me about it because they don't like seeing me alone, but they don't understand my fears. I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem?

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Replies (11-12):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Welcome!!! Just wait to introduce anyone until you are completely sure!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Its normal to be protective, but its something else to be paranoid about it. The odds are against you ever dating a pedophile or child abuser and you cant live your life in fear of it. Just set high standards for who you date, do a background check if you find someone you're really interested in, and do not introduce him to your child until you are getting serious and fully trust him. Just be choosy about who you date and have fun with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)