• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beyond blessed today

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:51 PM
  • 17 Replies
4 moms liked this

2012 has been a very rough year for me. I feel like I have accomplished so much this year even though it has been harder than I ever imagined and more than I could handle at times. I have been going to counseling at a women's shelter since shortly after I left my abusive ex earlier this year. They had asked if we needed help with Christmas and to write down 2 things each of the kids wanted. But today when they gave it to me it were THREE ENTIRE BOXES OF FULL OF THINGS!!!!

Toys, clothes, hats, gloves, blankets, pillows, the book set my son wanted that I couldn't afford, and so much more!! I am beyond grateful and feel so blessed right now. I am left speechless by the kindness and generosity of complete stranger. I wish I could hug each one and tell them how truly grateful I am. There gifts will make this Christmas one that will not be forgotten. When they were filling my car with things I couldn't even find the words because of my tears. My counselor told me to take these things and begin a new life for myself and my children.

I can not wait until the day when I can give back and know that someone out there is able to start a new life for themselves and for there children, just as I now have.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PumpkinSpice8
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this
That is so wonderful!!!! I am very happy for you and your kids!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
achavez219
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this

that's awesome! So happy for you guys! =)

abusednotbroken
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes!!!! I so know what you mean....just wanting to bless others because of knowing what it means to go without! I am smiling ear to ear because I know what you've shared with me.... this is pure awesomeness! TG

VADIVA23
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this
That is a blessing we have angels all around us we just have to believe I wish you and your kids have a very merry christmas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow that's great!!  Have a wonderful Chirstmas!!  

EachNewBreath
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Amazing! I am soo happy for you and your children!

strngenough
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:31 AM
You gave back by posting on here. So many of us are coming from abusive relationships and scared to move on. Help to support those ladies when you see them pop up. Yours is a positive story.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Awesome!! 

LauraMH
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Thank you so much!!! You know more than most other people in my life. Thank you for all you have done to get me through some of the hardest times in my life. I am so glad i am now able to share my joys instead of my fears and sorrows. Love you!!!!

Quoting abusednotbroken:

Yes!!!! I so know what you mean....just wanting to bless others because of knowing what it means to go without! I am smiling ear to ear because I know what you've shared with me.... this is pure awesomeness! TG

LauraMH
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you so very much. I hope that I can help other women, I feel a calling to do so. I will continue to provide as much support and encouragement as I can everyday. Thank you again!

Quoting strngenough:

You gave back by posting on here. So many of us are coming from abusive relationships and scared to move on. Help to support those ladies when you see them pop up. Yours is a positive story.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)