Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Anyone avoid facebook?

Posted by   + Show Post
Just curious if anyone else feels like me when it comes to facebook...it is great to connect to friends, but I can't help but have a twinge of resentment everytime someone mentions their "wonderful hubby" and perfect average American family. There are some things about being a single mom and independent that I love, but for some reason, facebook makes me focus on the opposite, because I don't fit in with the "happy family" motif of people my age. I find myself avoiding it for that reason. Does anyone else avoid facebook?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Replies (11-17):
Lindsey1126
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM
I never had facebook
baseballmom5416
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:35 PM

nope.that is how i stay in contact with some of my family. 

Robsessed98
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Ive realized that most of the people who brag about their success and perfect families are usually miserable and unhappy in real life. I only check mine every couple of weeks and rarely post a status.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ImaSoulMom
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:40 AM
Been off it since ex met his skank and all the people from the cgurch suddenly decided adultery was fine with them. Also seeing his last profile pic of him with our son and knowing he whines about missing his kids without ever actually calling or visiting just pissed me off too much. It is just a place to lie and be deluded. I don't miss facebook or him at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Debby29681
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:06 AM
I do not use Facebook. I don't want to know everyone's thoughts from minute to minute. Some people give way too much info. And I'm private and do not want my ex and his family seeing my pics of me and my boyfriend and what I'm doing. I keep in touch with people that I want to keep in touch with. There's lots of other choices. I love this forum! It's nice to be mostly anonymous.
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:06 AM
No, not really.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Sometimes but really I'm pretty content with my life
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)