Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Am I a single mom?

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:46 AM
  • 10 Replies

This question has been running through my head for a long time now. I got pregnant with my son and his father an I split up before he was even born. And it stayed that way. (yes he is an active part of Jiovonni's life, not a dead-beat) but when my son was younger I started dating this other guy. We've been dating for quite some time. And we're pregnant together. But, he's always around and he loves my son as if he were his own. My boyfriend doesn't make an decisions for my son.. He just kind of hangs around when Jiovonni is at my house.. I'm a little confused. Does this make me a non-single mommy?

by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:58 AM
2 moms liked this

I always say that a single mom is someone who is not romantically involved with the father of her child.  So yes you are a single mom, but not a single person.  Does that make sense?? LOL! 

Mommyandme878
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:02 AM

That makes perfect sense. I think that's actually a pretty good explanation. Lol, thanks!

Ladyee
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I say single is anyone not married so yeah single mom

Mommywithtwo23
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I say I am a single mother. I have been living with the same man for the last 4 years. but I don't expect him to pay for the children. that is my job. he helps with bills and what he does for the children is his choice but I don't expect him to do it. Yes I am a single mother. I pay and take care of my children.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 19, 2012 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

You are in a way but you have been in the past so please stay enjoy and add insight!

Robsessed98
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope. You're one of us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM

You[re a single mom to your child.  But you and your s/o are considered a couple.

MamaHens3
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I like this, and makes sense for sure! :) 

Quoting Stephd710:

I always say that a single mom is someone who is not romantically involved with the father of her child.  So yes you are a single mom, but not a single person.  Does that make sense?? LOL! 

tyfry7496
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:30 PM
You're a single mom until you are married.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Dec. 22, 2012 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
This!

Quoting LifeCafe42:

You are in a way but you have been in the past so please stay enjoy and add insight!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN