Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going on my first date! HELP!! :)

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:24 AM
  • 15 Replies
Hello Ladies! I need some advice bad! Lol I am going on my first real date since the donor! (I had dated one guy before baby however we we're good friends and I was very comfortable around him) its been about 7 years and I had no children since I've last dated. I now have two little ones including a 5 1/2 month old. So my questions are, what do I do!?!? Lol (he knows about my two LO's) I will obviously need to reference to my children a lot as they are my world and he will need to know that, do I bring them up a lot? Or this first time keep it a lot about me and who I am? Gosh this is all completely new to me. Do I tell him this is my first time dating since the donor and its all new to me or not a good idea?

A little about the guy: my aunt goes to the gym with him. He had mentioned he wanted to get his back waxed for his vacation. ( she told him I was an Esthetician) and he asked "does she happen to be single?! She said yes so he found me on FB and wrote me and now we're going on a date on Friday lol. I don't want to screw this one up! The guy has a very good head on his shoulders. He is a investigator for murder and robbery cases and just took his bar exam to become a lawyer. He loves to dance, travel, eat all I've ever wanted lol

Any advice is appreciated :) thank you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VADIVA23
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:34 AM
1 mom liked this
1st wear comfortable clothes not sweats if you cant wear 6 inch heels wear flats dont over do your makeup 2nd Be calm 3rd.Pick a very interested topic that both you and him can relate to.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LauraMH
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats!!! I am getting ready to go on my first date since my divorce and I really like to guy too!! He's a teacher and so sweet :) I am glad you posted this bc I am trying to figure these things out too!! I didn't realize how nervous I would be! Good luck to you :)
Mommyto2LilMen
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:57 AM
2 moms liked this
Go, be yourself and have a good time.
ZachysMama08
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Thank you Ladies :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mammabear5150
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Be yourself and ejnoy your time out!   Congrats..im so happy for you!  You desrve some me time...Update us and let us know how it went!

Jers.
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Relax and be yourself.  Good luck and have fun!

Lindsey1126
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't tell him it's your first time dating since the donor lol
strngenough
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this
He knows you have kids you can bring them up if its part of the conversation, but it should be about you two having fun and getting to know each other. Enjoy yourself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this
First off, relax. Dont dwell on your kids, but make sure he knows they always come first. Just go where the conversation and mood lead you. Dating hasnt really changed these past few years. Just relax and have a good time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eb13
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this
What I do, is just remind myself that it's fun getting to know people. There's no pressure that way. Just think of it as having an adult to hang out with for a bit...not a major moment your life is hinging on. I am more naturally myself when I think of it that way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)