Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Plan?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:53 AM
  • 13 Replies
Is it necessary to get a parenting plan set up if the paternity test hasn't been taken yet and child support has not yet contacted him? I have sole custody and at 1st he seemed to not be interested in being involved with the baby but is all of a sudden now requesting pics of her and willing to take paternity test. I just want to protect myself but she's 3 months old and the only time he's even seen our daughter was at the hospital. So confused...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyto2LilMen
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Not sure here is a bump.
Musiq_Junkie
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:07 AM
2 moms liked this
Its not necessary but id reccommend it. By making a parenting plan u can take it 2 the child support office, both of u sign it in front of the caseworker. By him signing it hes automatically acknowledging paternity. That way yall dont have 2 go through a long drawn out court case. If u choose to do so be SPECIFIC in all u want done like what days & times visits will be, who baby will spend which holidays with, if & when ur allowed to modify the plan, etc.
rocky_mtn_mama
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I'm not sure either, but I think it's a good idea.

Quoting Musiq_Junkie:

Its not necessary but id reccommend it. By making a parenting plan u can take it 2 the child support office, both of u sign it in front of the caseworker. By him signing it hes automatically acknowledging paternity. That way yall dont have 2 go through a long drawn out court case. If u choose to do so be SPECIFIC in all u want done like what days & times visits will be, who baby will spend which holidays with, if & when ur allowed to modify the plan, etc.

Robsessed98
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:40 PM
2 moms liked this
It would make sense. If hes willing to take the test, he should be willing to sign a paternity affidavit and skip through to the visitation and support phase. It would speed up the process.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elijahXmom
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

necessary no but I would

PumpkinSpice8
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I would set one up. Men change their minds all the time.
brieri
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:51 PM

HI and welcome to he group 

When he takes  a paternity test is when you set up the parenting plan.

LifeCafe42
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gradenu
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Musiq_Junkie:

This - and also try to think ahead, as hard as that might be.  In this I mean that I would put in some sort of review of the terms at certain ages or circumstances.  Things change and I see so many people that don't think of that and then end up with a mess a few years later.  One of the major issues I've seen is when a few years later one parent or the other moves to a different town or state.

lisamamalisa
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Thank you, knowing that makes me feel much better! First time Mommy :)

Quoting Musiq_Junkie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)