Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh, exes!

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:45 AM
  • 12 Replies

My ex was suppose to take our son monday until tonight so I could study for my finals. But my son was screaming and crying and throwing fits for him and so he brought him back to me tuesday night "because he couldn't handle it anymore". He then called me at 6 am this morning asking if he could take Jiovonni until sunday. I told him no because his time was up. He starting screaming at me saying I was being unfair because I already had my time with him. But this weekend is my weekend so there's no court arangement I have to follow. Is wrong to keep my son? Or should I let his father have him until sinday? I need help!

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Andrewsmom70
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:56 AM
It was his choice to bring him back early. Too bad, so sad for him
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jazmyn1
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Idk hes being childish what if ur son throws fits again hes gonna bring him back? Idk its kinda childish to keep him away from him but then again he did blow it when it was his time. And did he really throw fits or did something else come up for him to do? Doesnt he think ur child will throw fits again . All these things to be considered i guess. That would be a tough one for me but if theres no order saying u have to and its ur wknd i guess keep ur child
LauraMH
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

You did not ask for him back early, he gave him back early. So no, I do not think you should give up your weekend with your son bc your ex throws a temper tantrum. If you give in, he will learn that all he has to do is yell at you to get his way. It will open up doors you don't want to open. Just kindly explain that this is your weekend and he can have him at his next scheduled visitation time.

greeniemommy
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:22 AM

if there is no court order be very careful ... he can take him and does not have to bring back ....  its always best to have things in writing so fights like this dont happen  ....

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:36 AM

do you want study time?

i find that being flexible works better for me. i do know that some people try to take advantage. if you arent sure how to manage that, then stick to your CO.

Barblicious
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I think she wanted study time when they scheduled it not when she planned to have soclai time with her kid. 

My daughter's dad is all about what is convenient for him and could give a rat's ass about my plans... He changes shit all the time, and sometimes I rearrange my schedule to allow my child access that she deserves but I don't do it for him. I wouldn't give up my time with her always because yes he because a nasty dick and calls me names when he doesn't get HIS way. Frankly he has it pretty easy I could be a hard ass on him. 

If this was me, I would have said sorry you returned her early, too bad.

brieri
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:00 PM

I think you should have let him take him for the weekend regardless of the issue during the week..  Christmas is coming you will have all the time with him then.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:03 PM
I know, but sometimes flexibility is useful.

Quoting Barblicious:

I think she wanted study time when they scheduled it not when she planned to have soclai time with her kid. 

My daughter's dad is all about what is convenient for him and could give a rat's ass about my plans... He changes shit all the time, and sometimes I rearrange my schedule to allow my child access that she deserves but I don't do it for him. I wouldn't give up my time with her always because yes he because a nasty dick and calls me names when he doesn't get HIS way. Frankly he has it pretty easy I could be a hard ass on him. 

If this was me, I would have said sorry you returned her early, too bad.

MamaHens3
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:09 PM

He can't pick, and choose when he can see the child. For real there is an order, he brought him back and really what the heck. Stick to your guns, when he's asleep study and don't let him take advantage of you his father. He should be able to work with you, maybe take him a few hours so you can study in the day. Bring him back in the evening, since he brought him back when he had a normal child fit. 

Its one thing to be flexiable, I am flexible with my ex dh since I know its easier. I work with him, yet we make it even. For example holiday break, I got them four days of it and he has them four also. I got them more then three days after that, since their on break until the 7th of jan. An I'm going to figure out a way, to split it so it's even to us both. I figured out what was even for us recently, and he didn't have an issue being fair. 

PumpkinSpice8
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:12 PM
You shouldn't have to give up your weekend because he chose not to exercise all of his. However, In the spirit of Christmas perhaps a compromise can be made. Did you ask why he wants him suddenly? Maybe he has a Christmas party to go to. I would suggest offering one overnight. Friday to Saturday or Saturday to Sunday. You shouldn't have to do it, and you are not wrong for telling him no, but I find that being kind goes a long way in co-parenting.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)