Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Threatened to beat me up while pregnant

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:31 PM
  • 17 Replies
Yep....so if u seen my last post my ex is mad that child support is sending him to court for non payment and he told me today he would get his cousin to "beat me up". Keep in mind im 5 months pregnant....yeah he fucked with the wrong one threatening his baby's life and mine over child support. I am so livid right now, I dont know what to do
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Andrewsmom70
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Child support for a previous child or the one you're carrying now?
charliebean
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Restraining order and press charges.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gemini_MomOfTwo
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Child support for my 1st child and as far as press charges, I have no proof. All I have is he said it
soaringflutes
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Try contacting a domestic violence agency.  They'll take you seriously, and may be able to help you out with a possible restraining order.  Do take this threat seriously.  Many men get MORE violent when the woman is pregnant.  Just because he's all talk now doesn't mean that won't change in the future.  It's better to have a back up plan (something the dv agency can help you with) then just to wait and see what happens.  Also, you should document when he said this, and if anyone else overheard him say it.  Documentation is key for legal purposes.  Sorry this happened to you.  GL

Gemini_MomOfTwo
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:26 PM

BUMP!

Gemini_MomOfTwo
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:28 PM

@soaringflutes: I know what time he said it today, but will me just writing it down be valid as documentation? I dont want anyone to look at it as a "your word against mines" thing :-/

soaringflutes
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Quoting Gemini_MomOfTwo:

@soaringflutes: I know what time he said it today, but will me just writing it down be valid as documentation? I dont want anyone to look at it as a "your word against mines" thing :-/

Unfortunately, unless there is actual evidence (a note, or a bruise) of what he did, then it will come down to his word against yours.  Even if there is evidence, it still will come down to that.  It's still valid if you document it.  Especially if he keeps it up.  It would be harder to prove that he's done anything if you have no idea of when he's said/done things. 

Gemini_MomOfTwo
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Thanks. I am definitely going to start documenting this. I can only imagine how terrible court will be when we finally do go...o God

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Just stop engaging him. File for support and don't argue w him, don't try to find out about him, nothing.
Gemini_MomOfTwo
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:19 PM
@faerie: I am, im changing my number today and just anticipate the court date in feb. Idk if theyll throw him jail, but he damn deserves. He is such a asshole
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)