Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should I be asking for child support???

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:48 PM
  • 7 Replies

my boyfriend of 3 years just split up on December 1st. His DD was lying saying things about me. cuasing fights between us. there was way too much tension in the house. the last straw was when she told her mother I hot her, Mother called the cops on and CPS nothing has came out of this situation. We both dedided it was best if we take a break while everything gets sorted out. My DD is only 11 months I feel so empty and heart broken, abandoned. my question is should I ask him for money??? he picks her up from the babysitter around 3 I get off at six he brings her to me this is m-fiday and he has her eow. we split her clothes and toys he buys diapers and wipes and food for his place. so im not sure if I should be asking him for CS .

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Robsessed98
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Absolutely. He should be paying cs in addition to what hes doing. Sorry youre hurting. It will take alot of tears and time, but you will be fine. Stay strong, keep busy, be around people and stay focused on what you want out of life and how to achieve it while taking the best care of your child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PumpkinSpice8
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Usually child support is awarded to the parent that the child spends most overnights at...which would be you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Yes. First ask him, see how he does a did not do it legally.
TexanMomOf6
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

IMHO...I think that if you are in agreement as to arrangements and you are both happy with it, don't file. Especially if it is just a "break" and you may get back together. If you get back together, then the court is still in the middle of it. If you give it some time, say a year of counselling or (?) and you don't reconcile, it is time to file.

If you feel like you are not getting enough to pay for the baby, just talk to him about it.

mommaJewels2011
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:17 PM
I sure wouldn't in that situation. But that's just me.
tyfry7496
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Yes, he has a financial responsibility to help support his child. Contact child support now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:10 AM
I agree

Quoting tyfry7496:

Yes, he has a financial responsibility to help support his child. Contact child support now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)