Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How did you cope?

Posted by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 2:26 AM
  • 11 Replies

I'm 34 weeks pregnant and now single. The father says he and his family don't believe he should take part in our daughter's life because he doesn't see us as working out in the long run.

Being this close to the due date, and now living two hours from him, I guess I'm real nervous and depressed about it all.

Did anyone else go through this sort of situation? How did you cope?

by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 2:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Debby29681
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 6:49 AM
What a terrible family. I'm sorry you hooked up with such a louse! Hopefully you have support around you from family and friends. I havnt been in your situation, but FYI I wish my boys daddy would be gone from our lives. It makes some people cringe when I say that I wish I were alone to raise my children without the monster lurking around. Think of it as a blessing. You don't want people like that influencing your children. You can bring your baby up with your good morals and how to treat people. My kids' dad and his family are awful and I hate what my kids learn from them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:06 AM

*hugs*

Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I cried hours every day the whole time I was pregnant, that's how I coped.  It was pure torture...but after my son was born I realized I was much better off without the ex.  It's just me and my son 24/7.  Remember, you are better off without someone who doesn't care enough to be there.  The next several weeks will probably be insanely difficult, but you'll pull through and be stronger for it.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Hugs mama I kicked my donor out and he decided never to come around. It's tough but for my son kinda better. I have found him good male role models a great preschool/childcare we have fun do lots of stuff and take each day as it comes. I enjoy being a single mom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alybaby25
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Im in a similar situation.....I will be 34weeks on Christmas and my ex left to another state in the beginning of Dec. We rarely talked after he left and I got very depressed.....only within the past few days have we started to talk the story can go on......Just remember what a strong person u were before him......don't hold on to the things you thought he was......look at the actions he is doing now....You don't deserve to be treated that way and know you deserve a lot better! It will be hard doing it alone! Get any and all assistance you need.....be around friends and family and try to stay busy so you don't have time to dwell on the situation. All this is soooo easily said but actually doing it is hard especially when you don't want to do anything but lay in bed. Know that staying active will give you an easier birth its already gonna be hard emotionally. I'm very sorry you are going through this and its a shame there are men in the world like this but know there is someone so much better out there that will love u and your baby :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Sometimes men react that way because its not real for them until they can actually see the baby. Often times they change their mind after that. Leave the door open for him to come around, but dont dwell on it or expect it. Plan on doig it without him and just focus on yourself and being a good mom. You can do it without him and be happy and do a good job. Just stay strong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kid_Cat_Mom2005
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I did. It was really hard but I had a friend with me in the delivery room--that helped. It's tough, but you can do it.

Kenre
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:38 PM
My ex left exactly one year ago. He cheated and when I found out he told me that random sex was easier than being a husband and father. He left me with 3 boys 4 years old and younger and almost 20 weeks pregnant with our daughter. He went for visitation with our sons but refuses our daughter. It's court ordered but he doesn't want her. My emotions were horrible, but a year later I am good. File for child support as soon as baby is born. 0 percent time means more money on his end going to you. Check your state laws to see if you need to file for full custody or if it's automatic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:04 PM

You deserve a big hug, that is horrible for an entire family to judge a situation they had no part in creating. This should only be about your, your child and the father but if the father can stand up and take responsiblity then it may be better to know now before the baby arrives.  But just because he doesn't want to be involved in your child life , you should not allow him a free pass on child support because your child deserve that. Hopefully he will come around but if he doesn't just know that you are strong woman and you will ultimately have a wonderful child at your side that will bring you so much joy.

strongerwtime
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:20 PM

He's a coward...and that excuse that he and his family is using is bs.   how the h3ll does that even make any dern sense? What makes him think he has a choice really? He is the father....he's playing an idiot right now.  So what if he dont see you all together..guess what? that doesnt matter...the baby will be here in a few weeks...like him being a father is just gonna magically disappear.  

Had some issues along the same line as this.....he got over it and is part of our son's life....but yeah he was an idiot too...at least now he would admit that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)