Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single mom times are hard - Just sharing hope someone is listening

Posted by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:47 AM
  • 17 Replies
2 moms liked this

I had not logged in a couple of days but its good to hear everyone. Well there will be no Christmas for me and my family the $$$$ just isn't there so this will be our first Christmas to take sometime to reflect and understand the true meaning. If I had bought gifts and all is well maybe I wouldn't take the time.  I also want when things are financially better to still know that Christmas is not just abut gifts all though you have external parties that put the pressures on you especially my family what are you getting the kids this is out new etc.

Even though it hurts my heart for my little ones there is a calm over me that you cant do it this year and that's all to it  I don't feel stressed bent out of shape mad at the world, I have just made my peace.

My son (7 years old) has been wilding out in school calling out not sitting in his seat not following directions not, this has all been going on for about two weeks just out of the blue. He has become defiant at home. I am trying to have patience and talk things out with him sometimes i feel am making a break through and then again no. I am going to talk to his pediatrician.

I am to start school next month I just hope I have the mental capacity to keep up. I have started the process of revamping my resume so I can continue my career into a managment position. I am really happy about that, I am still contemplating whether I should move to Florida but I feel as long as I find a good job I should be fine. I can not deal with the cold.

2012 a year to remember reflect embrace love be grateful for what you have than what you don't tomorrow is a new day.

PNK2012

by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LeeLee375
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Good outlook. Some years it just can't be done and this is the way to handle it.

Good luck with school and your little boy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:58 AM

At least your outlook is still positive and that can mean so much when you are going through the rough patches of life. I feel kids are pretty much one step forward and two step back sometimes it's just a matter of making sure they know you are there no matter what, and I know patience can be in short supply with a single mom schedule being so overwhelmed but you are doing a great job so make sure you tell yourself that. You will keep through to him and you will get through this rough financial patch as well. 

PNK2012
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Thank you ladies you will never know how much it means just to hear someone say you will get through. All the best in the holidays.

Robsessed98
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:31 PM
I like your attitude. Christmas isnt about presents, but its so commercialized that people forget what its truly about - celebrating Jesus birth and family. Kids can be very trying and frustrating and I agree you need to talk to your dr about it and if it continues maybe a counselor. Its great that youre going back to school. Its hard with kids, but in the long run its worth it. Just keep your outlook and dont let the stress get you and youll be just fine. Thanks for sharing with us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strongerwtime
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:43 PM

I hear you.  I moved some money around but Im still short...but I'm ok :)

gcstar42
by Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:32 PM

It sounds like you have a wonderful attitude about it and I think in the future that is what your kids will remember most. They wont remember specific gifts they got each year, but they will remember that when times were tough you had a great attitude and did your best for them. Good luck with everything mama!

eb13
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:20 PM
I realize that you found true inner peace...the kind that is not dependent on what is outside of us, but truly in our hearts. Your words inspire me to be in touch with that spirit as well. And through this, you are giving the best gift to your children.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Well said mama. Keep it moving girl! The only place to go from here is up. Remember our situations are only temporary. It doesn't last forever.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:59 PM

As long as you have decorations for your home and family/friends to surround you at this time, there is no reason you cannot still celebrate Christmas.  It isn't always about having a tree and presents under the tree.  It is about the love and being with others that is the best present anyone can have and knowing the real meaning of Christmas.  As far as your New Year endeavors, wishing you all the best.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Great attitude just take each day as it comes!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)