Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single by choice?

Posted by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 11:14 AM
  • 12 Replies

Are there any other moms here who have chosen to parent on their own?  I adopted on my own and would love to hear other stories from moms who have made similiar choices.

by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Dec. 21, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Got pregnant at 15, ex cheated when I was 5 months along. I left him. He made my life living hell for the next 3 years. I am a single mother by choice because I refuse to deal with him and his ways. I have tried to let him be in my son's life but it hasn't worked out so I'm done. My son is 7 yrs old and I am 24. We are fine just by ourselves.

victoriahearts
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Wish I could say I'm one of those mom but I can't, I was married when I had my son and  "hoping to live the happily ever after". Didn't work out that way but I can't say I been unhappy about the choice I made to get divorced when I did. 

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Welcome to the group!

strongerwtime
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I have never adopted.  My relationships just did not work out and have now chosen not to get into any more for a while.

tyfry7496
by Janet on Dec. 21, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Yes. He cheated on me when I was 5 months pregnant, I kicked him out and never looked back. He's been uninvolved for 16 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soaringflutes
by Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:42 PM

I'm pregnant with my first, and choosing to be single.  I'm just not very interested in a relationship right now. 

Serenitymom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Well, I can say that I am currently single and choose to be that way. But I did try to make the relationship work in the beginning. Sadly he left me. Been single and have never been happier ^.^

brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Hi and welcome to the group. 

I'd be greedy to do it this day, but I don't know if I want to go through it again after losing my first two to a horrible, horrible man.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:30 PM

I was married when I had my boys and he chose to cheat and leave shortly after DS2 was born. 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Welcome! I chose to have my son and boot out the dad so I guess yes it was by choice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)