Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

New man problem

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:57 PM
  • 8 Replies

I met a man online about a month ago. He is original from the same area I'm from but lives in NYC,

. After talking to him for a while and really liking him we were talking about family and I found out he is first cousins with my ex, my daughters father. We both really like each other but he is afraid his family will see him different. I don't know what to do...I don't want to miss out on a good man because of  my ex

by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM

touchy subject. if its right its right its still early on

easinpc
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I agree.  good luck!!

Quoting LifeCafe42:

touchy subject. if its right its right its still early on

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:45 AM
I say go with it and see what happens. The other girls are right, its still early.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
deltathree
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

go for it & see...

Squeak2
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:07 PM

I would be careful, take your time with it and try to keep it quiet and to yourselves so family doesn't find out until you know you want them to know.

Barblicious
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 4:38 PM

It isn't like you met him because of your ex, you met online. So take it slow and see what happens, if he is okay with the idea, let the relationship grow or die naturally without that one thing being the focus.

kaejordan
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 5:40 PM
I say no because the apple dont fall far from the tree. There are other good men out there. You dont really know him and what if it dont work then both cousins will b comparing notes about how u r in the bed, etc. My opinion just stay away from family members. Theres way to many unrealated men out there. Think about if things go sour between you two and everyone knew about you two dating. Notes will deff b compared. Thats all. Hope im not offending u but all im saying is b cautious with this one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
labrax
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:10 AM

I agree with this. I would stay away from the family if I were you. It could turn messy.

Quoting kaejordan:

I say no because the apple dont fall far from the tree. There are other good men out there. You dont really know him and what if it dont work then both cousins will b comparing notes about how u r in the bed, etc. My opinion just stay away from family members. Theres way to many unrealated men out there. Think about if things go sour between you two and everyone knew about you two dating. Notes will deff b compared. Thats all. Hope im not offending u but all im saying is b cautious with this one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN