Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going to Disney World alone with my 4 year old son

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:14 AM
  • 9 Replies

Hi again!  I am going to Disney World for my son's fourth birthday. Going all out because my first trip too!  I am super excited and super nervous. I am nervous because I am scared I am going to get sad seeing all the families together. I am also nervous because I am concerned it might not be as fun for my don since just the two of us. I ask him and he is excited to go with his mommy, but I am still nervous. Has anyone else go e alone with their child or children. What was your experience like?  Any suggestions?

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Marsella
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:00 PM
I haven't done Disney, but I do a lot of cool stuff with my 4 year old son. I think you two will do just fine! The whole trip will be amazing! The nice thing about it being just the two of you is that he will have you all to himself!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LauraMH
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I drove from Missouri to Florida by myself with a 2yo and a (newly) 5yo. I had an awesome time. Don't worry about the other "families". Your family consists of you and your baby and there is nothing wrong with that!!! Enjoy yourself, go all out and have an amazing time!!

kelvicious
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Thank you solo much for the advice and encouragement.  I sometimes worry too much about what we don't have and I nerd to just focus on what I do have, which is an awesome son. 

nursetani
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:29 PM
I did Disney alone with my daughter when she was five. We had a blast and made tons of memories. It was fun and empowering. Nothing better than being proud of standing on your own two feet. Enjoy it and live it up...and take tons of pics!
mamatomariah9
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Thank you for posting this! I am leaving for Disney World next Wednesday with my 4 year old daughter, and I too, am taking her by myself. I have been a little nervous pondering the "what-ifs" and questioning if I will be overwhelmed but this reassured me! I hope you both had a great time!

Phillymama123
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I'm going for the first time with Dd. I'm nervous too. I wanted her dad to.go, but he decided to go to a concert with his sister instead.
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:01 AM
No. We're going this summer but my ex husband is coming. However, I do know that feeling you're talking about. My ex husband travels alot and he's currently overseas so he's not here for a lot of functions. I used to feel that way when we did anything at her school, went to the zoo, go to carnivals etc etc you get the point. I would literally come home and cry because I felt like everyone had what I wanted a complete family.

But then I realized everyone's definition of family is different. And we can be just as happy and have as much fun as anyone else. Stop worrying about if he's going to have fun. Clearly he's not worried about it. Lol. Right now he's not paying attention to that. Go have fun and focus on him and not what you THINK you're missing. You have everything you need. Have fun!!
mrsary
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Planning to take my kids summer of 2014. They will be 4,6, & 9!
Robsessed98
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:31 PM
There's no reason he won't have just as much fun with you as the kids with both parents. The fact his dad isn't with yall won't even cross his mind. Just go, have a great time and don't worry about anything else.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)