Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

agh,2 yrs later,why can't I let go and move on,he is living his life,I am still sad over the loss and disapointment.

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:14 PM
  • 14 Replies

I can't seem to just let go and moe forward,he has had a new baby,although ours is still in pampers and he has moved from Canada to Florida for 5 months,since he moved he has not called me at all,in Canada,he wuld call and we would talk at least once a week,anyway,I feel so alone,kids are still separated because I have not found a home for them and a job(the twins are living with the new wifes parents in Canada),the 3 yr old is with me,but we are in my mothers studio apartment and I feel just stuck,jelous,sad and emotionally still attached,why can't I just let go?????

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hdc51609
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:39 PM
I know that feeling ny ex of 2 years is married and has a kid with his new wife. Sometimes i find myself wishing it was different. But i know im better off without him. The hard part is i live with his parents and see him just about everyday. My son is not his but has been there since day 1 cause his real dad is in prison . My son knows him as dad. I just keep my hopes up thar one day i will find a great man and not look back to what it could have been if we would still be together
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momlostwith3
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Wow,do you still have feelings for him,I also lived at his mothers house for a while,but it was so dificult.Are you trying to move on from there?I too am told constantly about finding another man,a better man,but we have 3 kids and right now I am not interested in finding another man.I just feel alone,I wish he was more involve,I do't see him,it's been 6 months since he has seen his daughter,he is missing out on everything,I am still so sad for this loss,we were together 12 years and we had our last one late in life,I am 43,he is 40 and his new wife is 26.I really hate him,we had so much to look forward too(the twins are 13)We were suppose to do this together,I am just lost.

Kelly1308
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:32 AM

I feel for you.  It has been 3 years for me.  I just can't seem to let go.  I want my family back.  I am sorry for your pain but know exactly how you feel. 

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Have you been to counseling?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
moniquek
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I know the feeling and I wish I had a resolution but keep in mind as women we love with emotions as for most men just with the mind which means its easy to focus your mind on new things but emotions become a permanent part of you so you will always have a emotional attachment but until you find something or someone to create a new emotional grasp he will be your focal point...I'm in the same situation and I'm here if you wanna chat you can inbox me if you like

momlostwith3
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Mine will be 3 yrs soon enough,it is so hard,I just want my family back too.I wish we never left Dominican Republic,we lived there for 12 years,I was never happy,but looked forward to one day living in a  civilized  country,when the time finally came,when he finally got a visa,he went ahead of us,and met her and that was it,he was gone,we were left behind.we use to speak on the phone,10 times a day,now,no calls,I have been sick and he would bring home medicine and food,now I am alone,no one cares if I am sick,no calls,no care,it is so hard,I am just so sad,and alone,especially today,being sick and no one to be here for me.

Nata1226
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Letting go is very difficult.. I am in a similar situation.. I've been dating this my sons father for 7 years off and on.. My relationship with him has been an emotional roller coaster, that I seem to always find myself back on! Well, I decided that I have had enough & I left the week before Christmas..I hated to do this to our son, but my life was miserable with him.. I moved in with my grandmother, now he's calling and texting begging for me to return so we can be a family.. God knows I want a family with him, but he's not ready! 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Maybe you should go talk to someone for coping skills
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AvasMommaxxoo
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Go down to Social Services and get some assistance..get foodstamps..wic if child if possible. You could always go on welfare for the time being just to get on your feet. WHO cares what anyone thinks. Good things come to those you wait. I know how hard it can be to feel the way you do about him..its hard to get over something like that. Its normal to feel how you are feeling. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Many of us feel that way and are struggling and going through hell. We are are hear for you; My advice is to seek for help. Get on your feet..save some money working as hard as you can yet save time for you..nothing in the world is more important than you and your kids. Pray..God will never put you through anything you cant handle. Keep your mind busy with good thoughts..dont focus on him..dont think about him as hard it can be try.over time you will heal..and karma is a bitch baby!  xxoo

Shaybay218
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Prayer is a powerful thing...It has gotten me throughtough times and I mean tough...Good luck moma!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN