Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i like getting away, i feel wrong..

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:47 AM
  • 16 Replies
Im 24, and single. I like going out and having fun with friends and i wish i had a babysitter more often, then i feel bad like moms shouldnt want to party and take off for a few days. I had kids early i dont get to party like my friends do. Bow that their older i try to get out more. Not to mention the dating is soo tough.!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SaraSnider
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:51 AM
I know how u feel, im 19 with 2 kids. I wish i could go out and have fun. I go to my friends about once a week for 2-3 hours and then have to come home because my son needs boob lol
mrsary
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:57 AM
Looking forward to the kids being older & getting time to do what I missed in my 20s!
brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

If your child's friends have sleep=overs, that is the perfect time to get away and go out with your friends.  Good luck

victoriahearts
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Don't feel bad, I have our nanny stay at least once a week so I can go out with my gf's, the way I see it is when my son is at school , I'm working and then on the weekends I'm usually taking him to basketball, karate, play dates or birthday parties so it's only fair I get some me time as well. 

aimhawk
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:49 PM

I'm 23 with two children, been married for almost 7 years. We already had everything like that out of our systems before we had kids.

alvzliz23
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm 19 with a 1 year old. I've gone out 3 times since he was born. Theres nothing wrong with wanting to go out and hang out. Sometimes we need a little break from being full time moms.

LilAsMom526
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Nothing wrong with wanting to go out. Sometimes we need a break.
otoole
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:44 PM

don't feel bad, i would love a night out. its normal for us to want to get out and feel bad. but you are better to get out if you can get out. otherwise you get fed up. im fed up at the mo but i know i will get a night out eventually. i hope

tyfry7496
by Janet on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Nothing wrong with going out with friends. No one stops being a person when they become a parent. A happy mom is a good mom!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

There's nothing wrong with going out sometimes and having fun as long as you leave them with someone responsible. Go out and have fun, but make sure you aren't too drunk or whatever when you get home in case they need you during the night and that you are able to get up early and do what you have to do when they get up.  As far as taking off for a few days, on rare occasions that's ok too. Moms need and deserves breaks. IMO it doesn't make you a bad mom as long as they are taken care of first.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)