Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

need to pick daughter now after 4 days with her dad....help

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:49 PM
  • 15 Replies
I am very nervous about seeing my daughter's father today. He makes me feel so uncomfortable. I don't even know how to act sometimes. On my way to pick her up now. Please give me some words of wisdom. Thank you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
otoole
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:57 PM

deep breaths, stay strong. dont act like he bothers you and everything is fine

Robsessed98
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Just get your daughter, ask if everything is/was ok and leave. Don't spend extra time with him or make conversation about anything but the child. Idk if it's because you still want him, or if he's intimidating or a bully... whatever it is, do not let him get to you. You don't need the stress.

B8byG1rlBlues
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:04 PM
No. I do not want him. He is a bully and tries to intimidate me.
GoldenLinds
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:11 PM
He isn't your concern. He just preys on your discomfort if he's a bully.
Think of the strongest, most confident, composed woman you know and be her for 5 minutes while you get your daughter. Focus on her and nothing else:)
B8byG1rlBlues
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Do I say hello or just grab her. He doesn't even say hello to me.

Quoting Robsessed98:

Just get your daughter, ask if everything is/was ok and leave. Don't spend extra time with him or make conversation about anything but the child. Idk if it's because you still want him, or if he's intimidating or a bully... whatever it is, do not let him get to you. You don't need the stress.

Robsessed98
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Other than asking if everything is ok with her, just get her and leave. Don't give him the satisfaction of letting him know you're nervous. Act like you've got it all under control and get out as fast as you can.

Quoting B8byG1rlBlues:

Do I say hello or just grab her. He doesn't even say hello to me.

Quoting Robsessed98:

B8byG1rlBlues
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:21 PM
I'm early. Ugh!
songbird2716
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:37 PM
I completely understand how you feel. My ex was emotionally abusive. I've only seen him twice in the past 10 months, but both times my anxiety level was through the damn roof. I knew he wouldn't say or do anything to me in public. But it was still torture. But it occurred to me that I was letting him effect me for no reason. I put up with so much from him for so long- and I was just done. Just the realization that I was still letting him control me helped me let go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
B8byG1rlBlues
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Thank you so much. Everyone had great suggestions I took all of them. He even came back out as I was putting her in the car seat to return her clothes that she was wearing when he picked her up. But now he just texted me asking me why I don't ever put shoes on her. And I am not sure on how to respond to that. Can someone help me please. What do I say
B8byG1rlBlues
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Or do I just ignore it. She isn't walking yet so when he picks her up she's wearing socks but no shoes when I'm trying to teacher to walk in the grass or outside she is wearing shoes should I just ignore it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)