Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

so confused dont know what to do

Posted by   + Show Post
So i posted on here a few months ago about how my sons dad is in prison for unlawful sexual conduct with miners and how he has never met my our son. Well he gets out in june 2013. Only about 6 months away. I had a talk with my brother not long ago and made Me really start thinking about the whole situation about taking my sons dad to court to get his rights taken. And some of the stuff he said was good points like how i would have felt if my mom wouldnt have let my dad in my life even if he wanted to. I would have been so heart broken. Im a big daddys girl i love my dad so much. I just dont want my kid to grow up and find out and hate me for doing what i did. Im just so confused i mean i find myself thinking about his dad alot but i dont think im actually in love with him or anything its more like what im gonna do when he gets out. I know he is gonna come looking for me he knows were our work and live but i dont think he will come to my house because of the fact i live with my exs parent(my son knows my ex as his dad hes been there since day 1) so im sure he will show up at my job. But what i really need some advice on is weather i should go for it and try to get his rights taken or wait it out till he gets out and see how he is im just so confused. Also it dont help the fact that my exs parents are very protective of us and wants me too go to court. Any advice would be great thanks

Baby daddy is charges with 4 counts unlawful sexual conduct and 1 count theft in 09 serving 4 years
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Replies (11-11):
Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:50 PM

i wouldnt base your son's relationship with his dad, because of how your relationship with your dad was... i mean, unless your dad was in prison for unlawful sex with a minor.

think of it now-- how would you feel, right now, if someone came to you and said, your dad is in prison for having sex with minors? (i'm guessing its sex or related to the event of sex... if he was just stupid and peed in public, then i'd be more understanding)

what *I* would do-- i'd strip his rights away.. and when he gets out, if he wants to meet my son, he'll have to prove it. whats his home life like? work life? whatever he did to land in prison, is he changing his ways? if he is, and he's trying to make a good, stable life- and wants to be involved, then i'd let him (i'd also ask my son, but mine will be 8 when his dad is outta prison)... if he's going back to his old ways and doing stupid shit- then no way! not gonna happen. its better to have male role models than a biological dad who'll teach them bad things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)