Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Children's father EXPECTING to be able to always call and talk to the kids....

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM
  • 31 Replies

Does anyone have any advice on allowing or not allowing calls?  He will call my phone until it explodes or I answer, even if I tell him the kids are in bed or busy, etc.  I have tried to a be understanding and cooperative but I am sick and tired of being harrassed.  It has gotten to the point that I have started making phone harassement reports.  I am looking at taking him back to court and let the court tell us what will and won't be allowed, then I am not the bad person anymore.  The kids have never been kept from him and I won't do that but him trying to control me thru the kids has to STOP!

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Take him back to court..... tell the court that he calls beyond bed times.... put a time restraint on him. I had to do that with my oldest son's sperm donor. He can't call past 8p during the week and 9pm on the weekends and not allowed to call before 9a on the weekends and before 4p during the week during school session (that's when my son gets home from school) and 9a during the week during summer break. 

AllNaturalMum
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I would tell him flat out that he is allowed to call between x:00-x:00 each day (say, 4:30-5:30pm) and that is it. If he calls outside of that window, you will take him back to court.

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:41 AM

btw.... I would turn off your cell phone if you can past a certain time until you can get to court.

kayshalea
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I am not sure I let his dad take him whenever he want
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Sorry, but I am going to laugh!  laughing

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Welcome! Turn off your phone at a certain time until you can get back to court and set up call times
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
we always talk about "bad moms"what about "bad dads" ?
Yesterday at 1:57 PM
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this
i would tell him u have from lets say 7-8 pm every night to talk to the kids..if u dont thats ur issues..if u blow my phone up before or after i will press charges.dont play his game..
brwneyegirlsmom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:20 AM
Thanks Ladies!

Guess I have tried to be the bigger and better person, for my girls sake, faaaaar too long!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:44 AM
I agree. Welcome.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Welcome! Turn off your phone at a certain time until you can get back to court and set up call times
MummiMayI
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:39 AM
My exh thinks I'm suppose to pick up my phone whenever he calls. If they are busy or sleep I send it to vm. I have nothing to talk to him about so I usually communicate via email with him and have his number blocked from texting/calling my cell phone. The only reason he can call now is b/c my house phones stopped charging.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)