Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Once a cheater, always a cheater??!

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:07 PM
  • 8 Replies
I met a guy over the summer, "J" through a friend who lived out of state. My friend said he wasnt looking for anything serious, and that was ok with me. We went out about 3 times and really hit it off. We even hooked up (and it was amazing). On date #3, he confessed that he had a girlfriend (but their relationship was on its last leg, blah blah blah). I told him that I couldnt see him anymore while he was dating her, and to call me when he was single. Later that week, he told me that he had broken up with the girlfriend and needed some time alone to sort things out. Ok, whatever.

Time passes, and I hear from my friend that he got back together with the girlfriend, trying to make things work. I hadnt heard from him, so I deleted his contact info and pretty much forgot about him.

Fast foward to december, and he calls me up, says he is single and wants to take me out. I told him that he better be SINGLE single, and we went out and had a blast.

Heres the thing... He is a fun guy, we get along really well and I like him. But I dont trust him because of the thing this summer. That old saying 'if he'll cheat with you, he'll cheat on you" keeps ringing in my head. Im still fine with FWB, but I dont want to be a fool.

What do you girls think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
deltathree
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:44 PM

IMO - he's a cheater.

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Cheater. What's to stop him from doing to you what he did to her??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Ask him about his track record. Let him know why you are asking, because you are concerned.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Sorry, I beg to differ on the opinions.  The guy has a g/f. Just because he has a g/f doesn't necessarily mean he is a cheater.   He is not in essence married to her, he has a life and can see who he wants to see.  If you don't want to see him tell him, it's goodbye.  Find someone who cares about you and you alone.

mhaney03
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Yeah I wouldn't date him seriously...

I don't believe "once a cheater always a cheater" because I myself am a reformed cheater, but what he did was wayyy to close in the past, kwim? 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:35 PM
I agree

Quoting Stephd710:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AvasMommaxxoo
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Find someone better..red flags...he cheated.period. For him to cheat then go back to his gf then come running back to you when he is single like ur on the back burner for when you are convenient to him and his life..paalease..find a real man hun =)

easinpc
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:29 PM

I have to agree with this, even if the relationship was on its "last legs" he was still in one.  He shoulda been honest with you or ended his other one before seeing you.

Quoting Stephd710:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN