Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So excited!!

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:41 PM
  • 9 Replies

For the past 6 months I have been planning on going to the Rose Parade in Pasadena which is about 5 hours from my house. I started saving up change to have some "extra" money for the trip. I made our hotel reservations in November and got a really great rate for 3 nights at the Good Nite Inn and the price will be $140 with tax included. Last night I rolled up all the change I have been saving and it came to $143! So I saved enough just in change to pay for our hotel stay! I had budgeted $400 for the trip, so now that the hotel is covered we can do something extra with that money! Yay! We are going to Knotts Berry Farm on the 2nd and the visiting relatives the rest of the week, again, so excited lol!

I took the leftover change that wasn't' t enough to roll and put it back in the jar, I am going to spend next New Year' s Eve in Times Square, I wonder how much change I can save up in a whole year??? 

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
That's a good idea to save change. I used to do that. I should start again. I'm also in SoCal myself not far from knotts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Good idea.   Good luck for the next year.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:31 PM
That's awesome!!! Have a blast we were offered tickets but I don't think DS would do good this year
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Awesome!  Have fun!!

deltathree
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:48 PM

awesome - enjoy! :)

bbyblueAK
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:04 PM

awesome enjoy. all my change goes into my kids pigggy banks. but thats a good idea

Shaybay218
by Shayla on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Honey...I know the feeling I started doing that about 3 yrs ago...I rolled my change for Thanksgiving to finish off gifts and I had 239...the most ive had since I started! Ive strated over again too with my left over change...best thing ever to do!

hargonagain
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:20 AM

This is our first time for both the parade and Knotts so we are very excited! 

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:46 AM
Awesome!! Have fun!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)