Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

New Year's resolutions? How many do you have?

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:36 PM
  • 9 Replies

I have 7.

1) I want 2013 to be a completely drama free year and that means removing some people out of my life. I want to be completely done with my ex/son's father in every way.

2) I want to end this current argument on FB with my ex's *not bby ddy* gf. If she wants to stay with a guy who will be doing 5-10 years in prison then so be it.

3) I want to lose weight. I think I make that resolution every year lol but I really want to try to stick to it this year.  I want to lose about 30-40 pounds in a sensible manner and keep it off.

4) I want to be able to master both of these jobs and by mid next year hopefully have enough money saved up to buy a car of my own.

5) I want to develop a closer relationship with God. While I do believe in God, I am not as close to him as I should be and if I were I probably wouldn't have half the drama I do in my life.

6) I want to focus on being a better mother and teach my son more independence. He'll be 8 years old next month and is still spoiled rotten as he is an only child. I want to teach him responsibility and some other things.

7) I want to focus on being a better me overall. I need to learn to love myself and let the past be the past and forget about the things that hurt me before. I'm not looking for love or even a relationship but if such should occur, I want to be filled with positive thoughts instead of negative ones stuck on things that happened in the past.

So what about you?? What are your New Year's resolutions??

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
deltathree
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:05 PM

wow - that's a lot.  I don't usually do them.

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

lol yea it is but something has to change lol and next year is the year for that change

Quoting deltathree:

deltathree
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Quoting SexyDiva19:

lol yea it is but something has to change lol and next year is the year for that change

Quoting deltathree:

You can do it - step by step!  Keep up the positive attitiude :)

brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:33 PM

'13 may be a lucky number. lol

I'm not so sure how you would accomplish #1, wishing you luck.

Only 1 resolution go for a walk every single day.

mhaney03
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:33 PM

I don't have any set in stone yet BUT These jackholes next door got their hands on some professional fireworks and every time one explodes I effin drop something or knock something over. Going lay in bed and watch TV.

SkylarBeth
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:01 PM

I only have 1......Gain 10 lbs have a wonderful Labor and Delivery of my baby girl and do absolutely EVERYTHING I have to to make sure she is safe and taken care of.

bbyblueAK
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:47 PM

i don't believe in resolutions but i find if i set 1-2 small goals i usually stick to what i want

Phillymama123
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:05 AM
I have like 3-4 I think
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I don't make them lol.  I do have long term and short term goals but no New Years Resolutions

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)