Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I see I'm not the only one.

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:51 PM
  • 5 Replies

I came on tonight to make a post and hopefuly get some friendly advice from women that are already doing what I'm getting ready to do...become a single parent. But I see tonight I'm not the only one feeling a little down and out. 

I've been told sense I was 16 years old I would probably never have children, but here I'm 31 weeks pregnant with my first and last baby. I've done pretty well emotionally through the whole thing, but recently I feel myself going into a full panic. BD and I have decent communication and support even though we are not together and live far away from each other. 

I was fired from my job in the first trimester and have struggled financially, that's probably where most of the panic comes from. I have been successful in my career, and know I will be again, just in different ways.

I live with my best friend her husband and 5 month old baby boy, they are pretty much my only support system. When I told my mother I was pregnant she promptly reminded me of something she told me when I was 15 years old "If you get pregnant don't ever come home" well its one thing when your 15 but another when I realize I will be 30 just a few weeks after she is born. My baby girl is a miracle in ever aspect of the word, and I'm sad she won't ever know any of my family. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my friends standing by me.

I'm afraid that I will be as bad a parent as my mother was. I just pray that I will not allow selfishness, anger and panic to take over the love and compassion in my soul. 

I really want all the other moms that have posted today feeling blue, that I'm sorry you have to go through everything by yourself, just remember that we are strong and very capable. I send you all my love, positive thoughts, and what little strength that I can. Bring on the New Year and the power to do what we need to support the ones we love the most.

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bbyblueAK
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:37 PM

hugs

achavez219
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:41 AM

I'm sure you'll be a great mom! Kids give you the strength & love to get thru anything life throws at you *hugs* =)

Mslinee
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:04 AM

hugsI empathize with you completely. I am 39 weeks and 5 days pregnant. My BD and I were about to get married. I already have two other children from a failed and traumatic abusive relationship, and after 7 years I thought this man I was to marry was perfect! We got into a huge fight back in Aug (5 mon preg) and I kicked him out. He eventually moved back in, but changed. I thought we could work things out. He ended up just living off of me since Aug. Now that I'm a few days away he decides it's time to call it quits and "we're just not good together". Well, I wish I had stopped praying, hoping, and trying a long time ago. My parents don't get it. They keep telling me I better "make him help me and stick around". Yeah right! He hasn't even helped me pay for groceries or anything for baby. I'm done. Completely emotionally wrecked! I know in my heart I'll be ok. I've been down this road before. I just wish once was enough!

Your child will give you strength. You have more power and strength than you know. I have moments (like this evening) where I have to go into another room and weep and let the hurt come out, but once I've squeezed out the tears I turn on a movie for my kids and I, Or I make them a snack. Anything to make them smile and happy. It gives me comfort knowing they love and appreciate my love and efforts. Your baby will too, stay strong and God bless you!

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:47 AM
*hugs*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Hugs!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN