Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

OMG!!!!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:32 PM
  • 20 Replies

Its actually starting to happen. I go to speak with my divorce lawyer this coming week. Im calling about an apartment for me and the boys on monday. I am a ball of nerves right now. He still doesn't know that i am doing this and i am waiting to till the very last possible minute. What questions should i ask? What should i expect while going through the divorce? Feel free to ask questions so you ladies can get to know me. I would like to get to know you as well.

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommywithtwo23
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Do not leave the children with your ex. get a calendar and write everything, and I mean everything down. what time the children come home. everything when he calls, everything this is so you have everything if you get questioned.

bbyblueAK
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I don't plan on leaving them with him. The youngest is the only one that is his. My oldest is from a different relationship. And thats a good idea with the calendar i never even thought of that.

Quoting Mommywithtwo23:

Do not leave the children with your ex. get a calendar and write everything, and I mean everything down. what time the children come home. everything when he calls, everything this is so you have everything if you get questioned.

Shaybay218
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I agree get calendars and keep up with times, text msgs, voicemails and all!

ssenter
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Write down everything save everything get ready to fight for custody and money. Was he abusive in any way or why are you leaving.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bbyblueAK
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:48 PM

he was/is mentally and emotionally abusive and has even said so himself and says he doesn't care if he is or not. he is controlling and manipulative. I go to sign the lease for mine and the boys apartment tomorrow hopefully. This week is  bound to be an emotional one. I also go to see my lawyer this week as well. He has no clue i am doing any of this.these are the main reasons i am leaving but there are so many others

Quoting ssenter:

Write down everything save everything get ready to fight for custody and money. Was he abusive in any way or why are you leaving.

ssenter
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Contact the local authorities and let them know the situation. Then ask your lawyer if you should get a restraining order and or ask for the police to be present when you move out just in case he shows up. Believe me having everything documented with the police and courts ahead of time will help.

Quoting bbyblueAK:

he was/is mentally and emotionally abusive and has even said so himself and says he doesn't care if he is or not. he is controlling and manipulative. I go to sign the lease for mine and the boys apartment tomorrow hopefully. This week is  bound to be an emotional one. I also go to see my lawyer this week as well. He has no clue i am doing any of this.these are the main reasons i am leaving but there are so many others

Quoting ssenter:

bbyblueAK
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:49 PM

he recently just got fired from his job so i know he will be home when i leave. i forgot that today was new years eve so the realtor closed early so wednesday i go look at and hopefully sign the lease for the apartment. once that is done. my lawyer still hasnt called me back for a time to meet i just know its sometime this week

Quoting ssenter:

Contact the local authorities and let them know the situation. Then ask your lawyer if you should get a restraining order and or ask for the police to be present when you move out just in case he shows up. Believe me having everything documented with the police and courts ahead of time will help.

Quoting bbyblueAK:

Quoting ssenter:

ssenter
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Then I would definetly have the cops or at least a lot of witnesses there when you move be safe. Emotional abuser can become physical when pushed believe me on that.

Quoting bbyblueAK:

he recently just got fired from his job so i know he will be home when i leave. i forgot that today was new years eve so the realtor closed early so wednesday i go look at and hopefully sign the lease for the apartment. once that is done. my lawyer still hasnt called me back for a time to meet i just know its sometime this week

Quoting ssenter:

Quoting bbyblueAK:

Quoting ssenter:

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:50 AM
Good luck.
mommy_2_be_2010
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:55 AM
Good luck op
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN