Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I don't understand it..

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:03 PM
  • 12 Replies

I have a son, and his father was excellent with him. But Christmas morning I woke up to a message on my phone saying he was done with both my son and I. I can understand not wanting to deal with me because I'm "the ex" but really, you left your child too. I called back to see what was up and all I got was "I'm just so done. I'm not ready to be his father. He's probably not even mine. Good luck with life." Honestly?? "He's probably not even mine"??? That hurts. But That's not what I'm upset about. I'm upset that you can just get up and leave your son. The little human being you created and helped me raised for the last almost 15 months. How do you just let that go? What kind of "man" just walks out on his child? Sorry for the little rant ladies. I'm just so hurt for my son. He's gonna be devistated without his dad. Ugh, how do I handle this? 

simple frown

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Take hiim to court and get everything you need for your son.  Good luck.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:22 PM
*hugs*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cklamour
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:27 PM
:::hugs:::

If your son asks, just say that daddy has gone away. Keep your son busy, but don't try to dodge the questions. Answer them to his level of understanding. You will get through it and don't think or speak negative thoughts on "now" sperm donor. Accept his decision and move on with your life with your son. Do the the best you can do for him, and always show him your unconditional love.

My son has never met his father and he's now four and a half. He asks for a daddy and hopefully I will grant him one soon. It will be ok Hun, be strong, stay positive, we are all here to help one another.
chels210
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:41 PM
My ex left when my sons were 5 years oldand 10 months old. He has been out of the house for 2 years and now its just a part of their lives. They cope and really since he is so young, it won't be such a big deal. I was really worried aboutg my kids, but honestly, they are probably better off. Does the dad have a history of depression or mental illnes? Sounds a lot like someone with mental issues
supermomz25
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:45 PM

my ex left me and my older children six ago and it was the best thing that could have ever happened to us. at first I was beyond hurt and so were my kids, but now I am happily married and he has taken on my two kids (and we have one of our own) and we could not be any happier. stay strong for your baby and things will get better.

abusednotbroken
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:50 PM

My ex walked away from our kids too....and one he bonded with for over 5 years. Selfish is selfish. You gotta love your little man all the more. I know I can't be a dad, but I'm trying my best to give them everything I have.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Hugs!

strongerwtime
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:38 PM

if you hav a picture...just show the picture...all you can do.  And take his tail to court.

Baby5678
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Court for money. Let him go. Fill your life up with friends and family who love you and make yourself as happy as you can. Fill him up with so much love from you and others that he won't feel a lack
MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:08 PM

That is sad.  I feel really bad for your son.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN