Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Is it normal to feel this way?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:53 PM
  • 13 Replies

Is it normal to sometimes feel gulity about leaving? To be getting a divorce. I know im doing the best thing for me and my children but i can't help but feel this way sometimes.

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Yes. I felt that way. But I would remind myself of why I left in the first place and that kept me moving forward.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bbyblueAK
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

thanks. im glad its normal. lol.

Quoting moosesmom:

Yes. I felt that way. But I would remind myself of why I left in the first place and that kept me moving forward.

strongerwtime
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:03 PM

of course....you wil have all sorts of feelings...but you left for good reasons...it is normal to have these feelings....it doesnt mean you ARE guilty.

bbyblueAK
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:06 PM

there are so many reasons. and thanks

Quoting strongerwtime:

of course....you wil have all sorts of feelings...but you left for good reasons...it is normal to have these feelings....it doesnt mean you ARE guilty.

PinkButterfly66
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Yes, you're splitting up the family...that's going to cause guilt.  

strngenough
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:09 PM
I struggle with it everyday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:28 PM

I guess it depends on the situation.  I married and didn't think I'd ever get divorced.  He wanted and got it.  What makes him so much better than me?  nothing, zilch, nothing.

bbyblueAK
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:31 PM

i didn't think i ever would get divorced either. but this is not the man ive married and ive tried talking to him and ive suggested talking to a marriage counselour but its not worth it. i am just at the very beginning of this journey

Quoting brieri:

I guess it depends on the situation.  I married and didn't think I'd ever get divorced.  He wanted and got it.  What makes him so much better than me?  nothing, zilch, nothing.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Been there and done that.  I no longer have to deal with the pain and agony he left me.  However, I am ready for him to show up at my doorstep because I have some last words to speak to him about with a great big sidesplittinglaughter.  His loss, my gain.

Quoting bbyblueAK

i didn't think i ever would get divorced either. but this is not the man ive married and ive tried talking to him and ive suggested talking to a marriage counselour but its not worth it. i am just at the very beginning of this journey

Quoting brieri:

Robsessed98
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Yep, but if it was a bad marriage, you did the best thing you could for your kid(s).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)