Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to do...

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:54 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have training for 5 days out of town and my STBX wants for my son to stay with him during those days. Since moving out out ds has not stayed with him (March). My issue with this were not divorce and he is living with his girl friend and her 2 kids... My STBX MIL wants our ds to stay with her those days and is completely against our ds staying with his dad... What would you do??? Im at a cross road.

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brieri
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

If your going to be out of town due to work issues then it is best to let dad take care of him for those days.  It's not ike an eternity.. You can call your son each evening just before bedtime and ask how his day went and say goodnight - maybe even read a goodnight story.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Do what you feel is best and safest for your child. 

17_year_old_mom
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:48 AM
How old is your son? Depending on how old he is maybe ask him where he'd rather stay...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stressedmama24
by New Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:52 AM
So wait. .ur exs mom doesn't want ur ds to stay with his dad? Why?
aus14
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Quoting stressedmama24:

Because my stbx is living with his girl friend and her kids, He wont tell us where he lives. He has been seeing her for 2 years we have only been seperated since March I know she was also engaged to someone during this time according to my stbx. My son will tell us she is mean to her kids (my son is 4).  I work at night my son stays with my stbx parents he won't stay with him he will drop him off at times.  When I told my son he might stay with dad he said he doesn't want to.....

aus14
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Do what you feel is best and safest for your child. 

I dont know if its safe where stbx is living he won't tell me. I found out by accident (he went on a trip with her and said to people that he is living with her which got back to me).  I know with her but dont have address etc.

aus14
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Quoting 17_year_old_mom:

How old is your son? Depending on how old he is maybe ask him where he'd rather stay...

He's 4 and when I told him he may stay with his dad he said no.

aus14
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Quoting brieri:

If your going to be out of town due to work issues then it is best to let dad take care of him for those days.  It's not ike an eternity.. You can call your son each evening just before bedtime and ask how his day went and say goodnight - maybe even read a goodnight story.

The fear I have dad lives with gf and kids I dont know where he has yet to keep him over there for more than an hour or so.(according to my son he has been there before). My stbx inlaws watches him 4 nights a week so I can work. Not know anything about the house etc and my son telling me she is mean IDK But on the other hand it is his dad. I offered for him to stay with him at my house but he said no.....

stressedmama24
by New Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Simple solution...let ur ds stay with MIL

Quoting aus14:

Quoting stressedmama24:

Because my stbx is living with his girl friend and her kids, He wont tell us where he lives. He has been seeing her for 2 years we have only been seperated since March I know she was also engaged to someone during this time according to my stbx. My son will tell us she is mean to her kids (my son is 4).  I work at night my son stays with my stbx parents he won't stay with him he will drop him off at times.  When I told my son he might stay with dad he said he doesn't want to.....

stillstandin246
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

If your son's father won't tell anyone where he lives and his own mother doesn't think your son should stay there, and your son doesn't want to stay with his dad, I think it's clear.  Have your son stay with MIL.   Whether your son has stayed there before is not as important as the fact that your stbx won't tell anyone where he lives.  That's very strange.  Good luck to you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)