Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Does it ever get better

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:48 PM
  • 5 Replies
I have two boys one with disability was married for five years and together 8 loved him so much he put me and the boys thru so much I just gave up after awhile I finally took the first step and left him I got so tired of him saying sorry I will do better i love you I wanted to believe him but I knew in my heart by all the mental abuse for so long that he didn't so after I told him to leave 2 weeks later he filed for divorce even thou I knew it was what I wanted didn't make the pain any better to think if I stood up for myself along time ago he would of did the same so all that work and hoping never had a chance now I live with my two boys at my parents I love them but need my own place to much to deal with does it ever get better?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

*HUGS* and welcome!!  Thnkgs will get better with time...may not seel like it now, but it will!

Nata1226
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Time heals all things.. Keep your head up.. Stay strong...

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Welcome to the group!

Yes, it gets better.... it takes time, but you'll find your footing again and move forward to better things.

Quoting Mandyskla:

I have two boys one with disability was married for five years and together 8 loved him so much he put me and the boys thru so much I just gave up after awhile I finally took the first step and left him I got so tired of him saying sorry I will do better i love you I wanted to believe him but I knew in my heart by all the mental abuse for so long that he didn't so after I told him to leave 2 weeks later he filed for divorce even thou I knew it was what I wanted didn't make the pain any better to think if I stood up for myself along time ago he would of did the same so all that work and hoping never had a chance now I live with my two boys at my parents I love them but need my own place to much to deal with does it ever get better?

stillstandin246
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:19 PM

It takes time but it does get better.  As you live through the pain you will start to deal with it and find a place for it that doesn't hurt so much.   Just because you wanted it doesn't mean it doesn't hurt.  And good for you for refusing to deal with that anymore.

Robsessed98
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Welcome. It will take alot of time, hard work and tears, but I promise it will get much better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN