Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Tell me at least ONE thing you like/liked about your ex.

Posted by   + Show Post
Your answer can't be "nothing" or "I don't like anything about him" even though I know you want to say it. LOL! But we were attracted to these men at some point in our lives. Something that they did or said made us fall in love (or lust ;-). So if you could name at least one good quality about your ex what would it be?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Replies (31-40):
starry_mom
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:10 AM

not even joking... 

Quoting moosesmom:

WHAAAAAAT?!?

Quoting starry_mom:

one thing my son's dad did while I was pregnant with my son and too big to do it myself was he would shave me while we took showers... that was nice, especially missing it now that I am pregnant again... with my daughters dad, he was confident... I mean he really proved it when he was confident enough to bring a woman home from the bar while I was "asleep" in our room...

starry_mom
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this

maybe some girl will be a counselor... damn emotional rollercoaster, I hate that ride!

Quoting Mama_Gillogley:

yes, and then he bought me nice shiny new things, like a fancy watch and new panties to replace my old fallen apart ones... but THEN he got a say in what i wore and how i wore it and then there was the fact that he never smiled, always was sad and angry... he also asked me to marry him and right after i finally accepted (we'd only been dating a few months so i waited a couple of months before accepting) he changed his mind and didn't wanna be engaged. just... a freakin emotional roller coaster! and i'm already a full-time single mom going to school for nursing. too much for me sadly. maybe some girl with more paitence will snatch him up and make him happy.

Quoting moosesmom:

A lot of men don't do that so well. Great quality.

Quoting Mama_Gillogley:

his ability to talk things through- even if it was just talk and his actions never followed through... we had some really good conversations. and the sex... the sex was like... earth shattering. frick.

Mama_Gillogley
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this

rofl... thanks for making me laugh about this!

Quoting starry_mom:

maybe some girl will be a counselor... damn emotional rollercoaster, I hate that ride!

Quoting Mama_Gillogley:

yes, and then he bought me nice shiny new things, like a fancy watch and new panties to replace my old fallen apart ones... but THEN he got a say in what i wore and how i wore it and then there was the fact that he never smiled, always was sad and angry... he also asked me to marry him and right after i finally accepted (we'd only been dating a few months so i waited a couple of months before accepting) he changed his mind and didn't wanna be engaged. just... a freakin emotional roller coaster! and i'm already a full-time single mom going to school for nursing. too much for me sadly. maybe some girl with more paitence will snatch him up and make him happy.

Quoting moosesmom:

A lot of men don't do that so well. Great quality.

Quoting Mama_Gillogley:

his ability to talk things through- even if it was just talk and his actions never followed through... we had some really good conversations. and the sex... the sex was like... earth shattering. frick.

Krystle21
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:16 AM
He's dark skinned. I love dark skin men!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherandree
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:17 AM

His accent.  He was from Arkansas and he had a nice Southern accent.

Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:27 AM

my son's dad... hmm.. might be that we're on good terms right now, but there's a lot-

he made me feel protected (granted, he put me in positions where i had to be protected!)

he knew when to stay away-- before/after i had DS, he didnt really come around fucked up on drugs. only came the one time when he was sober.

umm.... i think thats it.

oh! before we officially got together, his ex was preg with his first kid. i listened to him when he said there was 2 other guys she cheated on him with so there was a chance the kid might not be his-- but he was willing to step up and take responsibility cuz he knew the other two wouldnt (looking back- he didnt either... but to me, i thought that made a 'good man')

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this
So far he's payed child support
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kerrie030
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:12 AM

He gave me my 2 boys & we have a connection still that draws us together. We have been friends through good and bad that we have been through. We know each other so well

filmactress30
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:34 AM

)Obviously my daughter)  He was a good kisser, but that didn't make up for his shortcomings.  Makes me laugh when I think about the women he gets with knowing what they are dealing w/emotionally and romantically.  It's good to call him an ex.  Let us reflect on these men, girls and be thankful for what we don't deal with this new year (:

britmichele
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:39 AM
She made me feel like an awesome person. And the sex was beyond incredible
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN