Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

new.here

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:35 PM
  • 10 Replies
I am an single mother of 2 kids ages 3 1/2 and 5. I am new to the group. Hope I can find some common friends in this group. I have no single mom friends irl as all my friends either have no kids or are married and don't really understand how hard it is for me. I have been married twice. My first husband was neglectful to the point of abuse. And my 2nd husband almost killed me many times due to being an abusive drunk. I am not looking for anymore relationships Bc my trust is gone. Bc men I have married and dated have always put up an nice front for the first year or two and then gone jekll and hyde on me. The abuse I sustained from my 2nd marriage and some of my previous bfs has left me liking being single. But the aspect of raising kids by myself has been an challenge. I felt like an single mom when I was married Bc my ex h did not help with the kids at all. So now I have been doing it on my own for 2 years before 2nd husband and now for over an year since my divorce. It has been quite an road. I am unemployed due to how bad my lupus has gotten. And fighting for disability. That's about all I can write at the moment as my hands hurt. But I cant wait to get to know you all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Hi & welcome to the group! I can understand how ur not trusting of men. Ive lost my trust for men also, after my ex.
strngenough
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:09 AM
Welcome to the group. Sadly a lot of us have the same kind of story, but the good news is your not alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:45 AM
Welcome.
hippiemom45
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Thanks for the welcome!!
baseballmom5416
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:58 AM

welcome..i understand where you are coming from..you are not alone.

LauraMH
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Welcome to the group!! I am sorry for what you have been through but you have found the perfect group :)
Unfortunately, many of us here are single for the same reasons as you, we are a great support system for each other. Again, welcome!!
LilAsMom526
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Welcome to the group. I'm sorry your ex husbands had to be that way. I dated someone before I had my son who was abusive so I can relate.
hippiemom45
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Thanks. I feel kinda alone today Bc I am dealing with my autistic daughter meltdowns and my sons attitude. And it makes it hard some days today is one of those
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Welcome!!! I'm glad you found us!

Robsessed98
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Welcome to the group. Dont condemn all men bc youve chosen two duds. There are many good ones left and when the time comes, be willing to give one a chance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)