Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

So, my son is 7 months old and his father has decided with certainty he is not going to be involved.  At all.  He is moving out of state soon as well.  I'm fine with that and respect his decision.  Not everyone is cut out to be a dad or wants to be.

Back when my son was 4 months old, we had a trial period as a "family".  I have a few pictures I took at that time of my son and his father (sperm donor I guess).

After he made his decision that this wasn't for him, I moved on and threw away all the items I had saved from our relationship and basically got rid of all the reminders of him.  I'm finally over it.

I'm just not sure about these four pictures.  Should I save them?  Or delete them? 

What would you do? 

Just curious what everyone else would do in this situation. 

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Replies (21-26):
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Put them away in a box in storage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loopyg84
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

i would save them and give them to my son when he asks about his father...little guy deserves to see that at least you both did try to make it work...

brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Make a scrapbook for your child and put all the pictures in there.  As the years go by, he goes to school and other places put those in there, when he graduates from HS give it to him.  It will be one of the greatest treasures he'll probably ever want. 

victoriahearts
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I would say them regardless of the sperm donor not wanting to be involved your son may ask one day to see a picture of for you to discuss his sperm donor to him and it will come in handy. That is just my though. 

witchybabymomma
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I would save them for your son for when he is older

loren_0710
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I am not a single mother...but my husband is from a single parent situation where the father was never involved. His mom destroyed all the pictures of his dad (cut him out of most pictures) He is 25 years old and his aunt just found a picture of his dad which she sent to us. I think you should save them....your son will be curious one day. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)