Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Buying iPads with a food stamp card

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:56 PM
  • 12 Replies
Did you hear this story? I was like wtf way to make people on food stamps look like low life's. it's people like this who ruin it for the people who truly need food stamps and are honest citizens.

Louisville, Kentucky (The Weekly Vice) - Tracy Browning, a 38-year-old Louisville woman, was jailed after she allegedly tried to purchase several iPads with a food stamp card, then fled to another location where she tried to make the same transaction.

According to Louisville police, Browning went to the Valley Station Walmart and tried to purchase two iPads with an Electronic Benefit Transfer card. When the transaction was denied, she assaulted a store clerk, pushed another employee to the ground and fled from the store with the merchandise.

Investigators say Browning went to another Walmart in the area a short time later and again attempted to buy several iPads with an EBT card. She was apprehended at the scene while attempting to flee with the merchandise.

Browning, according to police, has been banned from all Wal-Mart locations due to prior incidents with the store.

She was booked into the Louisville Metro Jail and charged with robbery, shoplifting and trespassing.

Danny Vice
The Weekly Vice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sucker4myloves
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

o_O I don't think she could be entirely sane. Call the men in the white coats!!

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

Robsessed98
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Can you say moron??

NCISfan2003
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Stupid idiot.......I think if I had a FS card I would want to spend it on food.

BeachMommy07
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:10 PM
3 moms liked this

she's just nuts. it doesn't make food stamp recipients look like low lifes it makes her look like a low life. She assaulted the woman!

Musiq_Junkie
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:20 PM

wow smdh people these days....

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

MamaHens3
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:21 PM

She must have had cash assistance, but still wow that's crazy. 

AHWMom80
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:41 PM

She might have had the TANF grant.  The cash  go on the same card.  But still, if she is on the TANF grant, then she doesn't need to be buying iPads with it.  The cash grant is supposed to be for things like rent, and utilities. 

MicahBoo07
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:29 PM

It looks bad on her not anyone else. Something is wrong with that lady and she was banned from all the area Wal Marts so that should tell u right off she is no good.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM

wow....

mytrueloveS
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Agreed WOW, moron 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN