Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:16 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi! I am new. I am a single mom of 2, my son will be 5 in just a few days and my daughter just turned 2. My kids' dad has been gone for over a year. It is better this way. I am 22, and I am kind of in limbo, I live with my mom and I left my job because they stopped working with me on my hours and I wasn't making enough money to pay for daycare. I was going to jump right into looking for another job but the day after my last day my grandma went into the hospital and had open heart surgery. Since I wasn't working, I was the one who took care of her till she could take care of herself. Finally around Christmas she was ready to be on her own. So now I am looking for another job, but a thrid shift one. I have tried Walmart but they never call me and I just put in an application to McDonald's and I am hoping to hear back this week. I can only work that shift right now because my mom works 2 jobs and she is the only one willing to help me with the kids so I can't work during the day. 

.... so that is my brief about me...... 

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Robsessed98
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Welcome to the group.

brieri
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

eb13
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Hi. It sounds like you need some support. This site is helpful so feel free to seek advice and friendship :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Hi there!  Welcome to the group!

victoriahearts
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Welcome to the group , I will keep my fingers crossed that you find work quickly but it's great to hear that your mom is willing to help at least.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)