Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

New ex girlfriend

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:09 PM
  • 12 Replies

I need help my son went to his dads for the holiday, his first christmas with his father. The entire time he was there his dad girlfriend said nothing to him but when he was getting ready to leave the girlfriend and dad got in to a arugment and she turns to my 5 year old and says thats why your mother and your grandmother is a ugly B@%t&h she said this to my 5 year old I am beyond pissed and I really need opinions should i say something to her or let it go.

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barblicious
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Did your son tell you this happened?
indepedentk
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:54 PM

yes and I asked his dad he said it was true my son will never go over there again

Barblicious
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:10 PM
5 moms liked this
You don't need to confront the woman, your ex needs to handle her. Avoid that drama as it seems that woman only wants drama. Then I would just explain to your son, that that woman isn't a nice person and says mean things. Make sure your son knows you love him.
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:54 PM
2 moms liked this
You can't with hold visitation due to something she said. Just make sure to remind your son that even adults say mean things and that it is not ok to say mean things.

Quoting indepedentk:

yes and I asked his dad he said it was true my son will never go over there again

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't let it go, say something to the ex.   I kept pushing my ex about his gf giving my son hell, yet he never said anything.  It does affect the kids, my son now refuses to go with his father weekends.  Sometimes he has to go by force, it's horrible.  Talk to your ex, maybe you can reason with him.  

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:55 AM
This. I would talk to your ex and be sure he knows your not happy with your son being put in the middle like that.

Quoting conniejo75:

You can't with hold visitation due to something she said. Just make sure to remind your son that even adults say mean things and that it is not ok to say mean things.

Quoting indepedentk:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cenedra64
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:11 AM
5 yrs old thats rough! What an evil cold hearted immature woman he picked! I'd talk with my son. Me and my teens would have a field day making jokes up if my exes gf ever said something like that. But 5 ...im so sorry for your son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I would first give yourself time to calm down and once you have done that, you need to sit down with your ex and his gf and explain to both but to her especially that using such language in front of your child or even worse directed towards your child is unacceptable and if she continues to do it, that you will report her for child abuse and she can suffer the consequences of it. I'm not sure if you can report her but you can least "threat" her in and she may wise up.

indepedentk
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:54 PM

This is not a enviornment that i want my son in, anyone who talks to a 5 year like that does not need to be around my child now if he has another place that he can go when he has my son thats fine but he WILL NOT go back

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't blame you wanting him there. If you think it is harmful and your ex won't do anything about it you need to go back to court and say you don't want her there on visitations
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)