Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cure my sadness

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:00 AM
  • 4 Replies
I stopped being a sahm back in march

Now I work ft and only get my son 60% of time

The other 40% I would like some attention

Should I just get a cuddle buddy? Going into it just knowing I'm just lonely but not getting my heart involved?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
victoriahearts
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:07 AM

It seems to me that you are in fact lonely but not ready to date or even get involved in any type of relationship. The fact is that you need to give yourself sometimes to recover from your heart being broking, deal with those emotions and once you are ready then go looking for someone. When you are in the state of emotion you are in and you just want to fill a void that is there, you can end up developing feelings for this "cuddle buddy" or the wrong person completely. Take care of yourself first, make sure you are happy and you have dealt with your emotions before diving into any relationship be it strictly sexual or long term.

AngieDawn28
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:18 AM

speaking from personal experience-it can be hard not to get attached to a "cuddle buddy". if you are ok being single but just want some attention-it's not necessarily a bad thing. but if you're still healing over your ended relationship-i don't recommend a fwb.

i've experienced both before and found myself getting too attached to someone who made it clear that he wasn't looking for anything but fun. my heart was broken.

i do currently have a fwb- who hangs out when my kids are gone and it's great. we're friends who can talk about life, but also have a good time together ;)

seriously think about where you are in life and go from there. good luck!

brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

confused

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Not something I could do. Do what's best for you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)