Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i want to cy, i have two small kids, one 10months the other just turned two.

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:17 PM
  • 15 Replies

they just never stop from morning til night, running around, crying, climbing on me. always wanting me for something, i can't read a book without them grabbing at it. i can't have tea or something to eat without one or both them wanting what i have even thow they have their own. we go to the store, they seem to take turns on who will cry the whole time. my family don't live that far away but they never help out the way i need it, they come to my house want to drink and then say they will get up with the kids, which often never happens. i ready to go crazy.. the house is always a mess, i clean and then 2seconds later back to a mess, things are broken from them just pulling at things, i am forever saying no. i love my kids but its just at the point i need someone to take them just for a day before i go crazy.

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
raeann1984
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:10 PM

you are definitely not alone!! i have one due anyday and one little boy who is about to be 4 and he seems to have that much energy too! do you work/go to school?? the break  i get with work from him seems to help me out a bit. if not maybe look into a mothers day out program? or do you get daycare assistance? perhaps let them go for awhile! but know you are not alone - others, including me, are out here struggling like that as well. i'm an ear, if you need to vent

victoriahearts
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Big hug, I think at one point or another we all feel this way being single moms. By any chance do you have a set schedule for them? I find that since I started a routine with my son things go a lot better at home for us, when I get home, I will usually have dinner with him, give him a bath and put him in bed. By 7 30 pm there is peace in my apartment, I use the time to clean up whatever was left, make tomorrow's lunch and so on. Do you think you can get them on some sort of schedule where you put them to bed early so you can have some peace and quiet to study or clean, or really just rest

LoveMyCuties612
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:19 PM
I'm in the same boat. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:36 PM

snowgirl 

Robsessed98
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to life with little ones. We can all relate. It is definitely frustrating and makes you feel like youre gonna lose your mind. Tell a relative you have to have a break and see if they will take them for the day. You definitely need and deserve me time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
otoole
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:55 PM

the schedule went out the window coming up to xmas. with ds's second birthday on dec 19th. i had so many people come visit and want to be entertained the whole time and the kids were giving sweets and things that i often don't allow, as my family kept telling me xmas. they can relax too. so i felt just to keep the peace to not argu, it was xmas after all. so today was the real first day of trying to get back into it, since i am fineally left alone, to do what we normally do. i guess im just exhausted from it all. i am often a very claim person but lately i am on edge and ready to explode. i did have to deal with alot of crap from my family during the holidays too and decided i am not doing that again.

Quoting victoriahearts:

Big hug, I think at one point or another we all feel this way being single moms. By any chance do you have a set schedule for them? I find that since I started a routine with my son things go a lot better at home for us, when I get home, I will usually have dinner with him, give him a bath and put him in bed. By 7 30 pm there is peace in my apartment, I use the time to clean up whatever was left, make tomorrow's lunch and so on. Do you think you can get them on some sort of schedule where you put them to bed early so you can have some peace and quiet to study or clean, or really just rest

otoole
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:02 PM

i have said it many times i need a break. i was tired alot and had alot of headaches not long after dd was born and fineall went to the doc a month ago to find out i have overactive thyriod. i had told my family many times i was so tired my muscles were hurting all the time and that i really needed a break, they come to my house to help and i end up still doing everything as if they weren't here. yet my sister who has a 7year old has him taking away every weekend if not by the family than by his dad. she complains then when she doesn't get a free weekend, since i came home 14months ago i got one break for 3days that was 8months ago. there si so much other drama going on with them too. id rather not deal with them. i have rang a few places about droping the kids in. some are expensive and some are to far from me as i don't have a car and its cold out. maybe once the weather starts getting better, things will get easier. thanks for the support :)

Quoting Robsessed98:

Welcome to life with little ones. We can all relate. It is definitely frustrating and makes you feel like youre gonna lose your mind. Tell a relative you have to have a break and see if they will take them for the day. You definitely need and deserve me time.

otoole
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:07 PM

thank you :) good luck with your new baby. i moved to this town 10months ago and still finding out things in the area, i applied to go back to scool but never heard back from them. i have looked up a few places, some are to far and some are to expensive. i dont have a car so i need to keep things easy, otherwise if i drop them of somewhere thats to far, by the time i drop them of and leave and get to the town i will have to turn around again and pick them up. but im looking. the better weather will help. they will be outside more and play more outside which will wear them out better, i hope :)

Quoting raeann1984:

you are definitely not alone!! i have one due anyday and one little boy who is about to be 4 and he seems to have that much energy too! do you work/go to school?? the break  i get with work from him seems to help me out a bit. if not maybe look into a mothers day out program? or do you get daycare assistance? perhaps let them go for awhile! but know you are not alone - others, including me, are out here struggling like that as well. i'm an ear, if you need to vent

victoriahearts
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Yeah I know how that goes but I refused to allow my family to guilt me into things the last few years especially since I'm the one that pays the consequences so now I'm the "mean, up tight" mom but I don't care because I'm the one that has to keep the order in our apartment the rest of the time without there help. Hopefully you'll be able to get back on track soon for your sake, I know the holiday can be so overwhelming, I'm always glad to see them end and happy they only come once a year.

Quoting otoole:

the schedule went out the window coming up to xmas. with ds's second birthday on dec 19th. i had so many people come visit and want to be entertained the whole time and the kids were giving sweets and things that i often don't allow, as my family kept telling me xmas. they can relax too. so i felt just to keep the peace to not argu, it was xmas after all. so today was the real first day of trying to get back into it, since i am fineally left alone, to do what we normally do. i guess im just exhausted from it all. i am often a very claim person but lately i am on edge and ready to explode. i did have to deal with alot of crap from my family during the holidays too and decided i am not doing that again.

Quoting victoriahearts:

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:28 AM
Welcome it isn't easy but it will get easier just take each day at a time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)