Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best Friend, Now Boyfriend

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:46 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hello, Mamas!

Looking for some advice.

I had a great male friend (the best) for almost a year and a half, but after wising up and deciding to no longer chase my son's father, I realized I have been overlooking a good man standing right in front of me. He'd been interested in me, too, but never thought I would see him in that light. Well, we took our relationship to the next level and it's wonderful.

One issue - my sisters both moved in with me a few months ago so we could all save money and he moved in with his mother in an attempt to save for an apartment. He has stayed over a lot in the past couple days (he doesn't usually have a lot of time off), and since we are in that new relationship feeling, we want to be around each other all the time, but I don't want to make my sisters uncomfortable.

They both like him a lot, but I guess I want to nip this in the bud BEFORE it has a chance to turn into an issue of him being around too much.

I also don't want to hurt his feelings, but I am not sure how to balance this.

How should I handle it?

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
victoriahearts
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:00 PM

It seems like you had a wonderful friendship before which meant you probably talked to him openly and with a lot of trust which translated into a good relationship, so just sit down and explain the situation and how your feeling, maybe ask him if both of you can come up with a schedule this way you can also give your sisters a heads up when he is coming over making it a little more comfortable for everyone involved. Just a thought.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:41 PM

luge 

FIMarriott
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Thank you. He is still my friend - you're right. It should be easy to talk to him. 

LilAsMom526
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:43 PM
I agree. you said it right.

Quoting victoriahearts:

It seems like you had a wonderful friendship before which meant you probably talked to him openly and with a lot of trust which translated into a good relationship, so just sit down and explain the situation and how your feeling, maybe ask him if both of you can come up with a schedule this way you can also give your sisters a heads up when he is coming over making it a little more comfortable for everyone involved. Just a thought.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I would sit down with your sisters and discuss it with them and see how they feel and what they expect/want.  Good luck!

butcher
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:38 PM

i dated my best guy friend after 12 yrs....we are no longer firends....

Shaybay218
by Shayla on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Communication is key...so I say talk to all of them at once!

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Communication is key in ANY relationship!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)